Monday, September 28, 2015

Gifts of the Leaves Turning Moon

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.

So, I got a bunch of shots of last night's blood moon.

It may have been a so-called supermoon elsewhere, but here, it was as far away as ever — hell, farther away than the one-day-off-full moon of the night before.

it was also remarkably un-blood-red. More a warm rose, with undertones of coral and the occasional hint of brick. Yes, I'm being sarcastic.

It was too cold to stay outside and get past-peak photos. My bones can't handle that anymore, and I overdid it as it is.

Still, I did get one shot yesterday that made me especially proud, and I'm far more jazzed about it than any of the others:

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.

Memeskoniniisi.

The raptors are here virtually daily now, and in far greater diversity than ever before.

They are warriors, and they give me strength and courage and power. And I need all the help I can get.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.