Image copyright Wings, 2013; all rights reserved.
I'm still writing at Daily Kos, and now occasionally at Motley Moose (and commenting even more occasionally over at Cole's digs at Balloon Juice), but there are sometimes things that interest me that have no terribly obvious connection to politics or public policy or even any of my substantive "issues." There are also sometimes things that I need to say that aren't suitable for any of those venues.
This year, I'm going to try to make myself do this on a semi-regular basis. I've been more productive this year already:
- Touching the Light, from New Year's Night, and from whence the photo above comes.
- "How to Catch an ILLEGAL IMMIGRANT" ~ Taco Cid, West Columbia, S.C., a little anti-racism action diary.
- The Republic of NGOs, Patournalism, and Embarrassment of the Privileged: Haiti Three Years On, looking at the inexcuseable state of affairs in Haiti on the third anniversary of the quake.
- BREAKING: James Hood Dies: Defied Wallace; Integrated U of Alabama, and last but certainly in no way least, a quick memorial diary to a civil rights hero, when only his local media were covering his death.
At Teh Mooz:
- James Hood Dies: Defied Wallace; Integrated U of Alabama, a cross-post of the DK diary.
- Indigenous Food Traditions: Frybread, by popular request; there'll be future entries, which I may cross-post here.
There'll be more.