Saturday, April 20, 2024

Par for the course for this awful week.

Photo copyright Aji, 2024; all rights reserved.

Lots of dark clouds for a very short time; maybe two dozen drops out of it.  Just enough for me to race out to cover the hay and have a pallet pop up in my face and catch me on the bone on the outside of my right hand while I was fighting the wind to tarp it. As though I don't have enough pain already.

I've already whacked the earlier text, because there's no point. Suffice to say that Blogger has been down on the back end all day, and it literally just came back up, so here we are.

Par for the course for this awful week. So is the trickster wind, and the lack of rain.

The last few weeks have been a nightmare on multiple fronts. The most immediately inconvenient is the dental stuff Wings is going through, and we're both exhausted from that. Exhausted, too, from all the financial stresses, and in my case, from the worsening of my illness generally, and two aggravating factors that are trying my sanity. I had what appeared to be a full-body allergic reaction to one of my meds, and going off it has lessened it a bit, but not nearly enough, and the irritation is on my last nerve. On top of that, several of my meds lower blood glucose, which sound like a good thing, but when you're already hypoglycemic [NOT diabetic; NOT pre-diabetic; lifelong hypoglycemic] it becomes a real problem. I've gone off three different meds, because I've been pulling blood glucose numbers like 55, and I cannot function that way. And no, there's nothing to replace the meds, so I'm apparently just simply screwed on that front. And this year's demands upon us from every quarter, which have already wiped us out and will continue to do so for the rest of the year, have not let up, either; there was another one this morning, and I'm genuinely on the threshold of losing my mind. Meanwhile, there are no sales to replenish those outlays, and the other demands on me are just as relentless; there is no help for any of it, and I am at my wits' end.

Somehow, I have to bring in sales. This is what they used to call the drop-dead moment in a process or dynamic, and we're at it. If you're in the market, now would be a really, REALLY good time. I posted four new pairs of earrings a few nights ago, here, all at lower price points than his usual, and three new all-silver cuffs, here. Presumably the naja in process above will be available soon, too. And as always, all the regular links are listed below, with sales, as always, being the most important:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here ( we'll always need the dog treats for the monsters, and Amazon and Lowe's cards [the Lowe's cards are probably going to have to go on a new fridge, so I'm hoarding them]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

After such a grim 2023, and with this year starting off MUCH worse, we really need to get 2024 moving onto a better footing, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2024; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                     

No comments :

Post a Comment