Tuesday, July 22, 2014

"The REAL Indian Turquoise"

Photo copyright Wings, 2014; all rights reserved.
Yup. It's Tuesday. And that means Turquoise Tuesday at The NDN Silver Blog.

Come and learn a little about the stone that the dominant culture had decided is "THE REAL Indian turquoise": Morenci. Of course, turquoise from the other mines is real, too, but this one is considered the classic, the icon, the archetype.

The post is here. There's lots of information packed in there, including a humorous story about some copper miners. Take a look around, see what you think, and of course, if you like it, please use the social-media buttons at the bottom of the post to share it, as well as the ones at the bottom of the main page of Wings's site.

And now comes the hat in hand part. Later today, with any luck, I'll have a post up for a friend and beloved fellow Kossack who needs our help. I'm simply waiting for some information from her, and then I have to make time to finish the post within the whims of our weather and connectivity. I'd like folks to lend it their support when it does go up, whether that's later today or early tomorrow. 

At the same time, we're in trouble here. Sales are nothing this season. I honestly don't know what we're going to do. People need to save their donations for the folks who are in serious immediate danger, like those I've highlighted over the past few days, and the upcoming one. But for anyone who's in the market for purchases, that's a different matter; we don't want donations or gifts, just simply to exchange something of real value in a standard sale transaction. So if you know anyone who might be looking for gifts (or even if you don't; you never know WHO will decide that we have exactly what they need), please, share Wings's site with them. I hate asking. I hate this fear and stress and uncertainty just a little bit more, apparently.

Thanks.

1 comment :

  1. I haven't heard from her in a couple of days either. I should be able to finish my diary today but would like permission to post yours the way I have earlier and then follow up with mine tomorrow.

    And is there anything you or Wings can suggest or make for about $200 for Charles' bday 8/20?

    Love you, Nimisenh.

    ReplyDelete