Thursday, January 15, 2015

Valleys

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.

No substantive post tonight.

I had intended to write about the Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., about Selma, about the whiny revisionist history of the movie's critics.

I don't have it in me.

I'm on a roller-coaster of sorts these days, and not a fun one. "New normal" is feeling pretty goddamn abnormal, and it's scary as hell. The peaks aren't really all that high, much less frequent; if I'm real about it, there aren't any peaks at all lately. But the valleys . . . the valleys are a whole new beast. Today has been one of the worst days in recent memory . . . oh, hell, be honest: ever

I am having a really, really hard time with this. I have to get my head around it, and I can't. 

Too much pain. Too many new problems, symptoms that used to be so infrequent as to be negligible. They're not negligible now. And, no, there isn't anything anyone can do. Just don't expect to see me unless you see me. Even then, don't expect any level of engagement beyond getting posts up where they belong; comments and replies and conversation are going to be mostly beyond me for as long as it's this bad. Like I said, I don't have it in me.

Maybe something tomorrow.

Maybe not.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

1 comment :

  1. I'm so sorry you are feeling bad. I hope you feel better soon. I've been struggling with SAD but it's nothing I haven't lived through before.

    Your post yesterday was amazing. Ali's biggest fight was for the right to object to going to war. He is a hero of mine for having the courage to stand up to the war machine and say no. The Viet Nam war was a crime by the U.S. against humanity.

    ReplyDelete