Sunday, October 15, 2017

I'll be able to wash clothes. Just not my face. A lot to get done in a very short amount of time. Shares needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

That's what Wings is working on today: getting our old washer and dryer out of his studio and into the house. Yes, I recognize the absurdity of the fact that by tomorrow, I'll be able to wash clothes in the house but not my face, for heaven's sake. On the plus side, the drain assembly for the upstairs sink (yeah, the drain the I had to find, FFS) is supposed to be here tomorrow, so maybe we'll have a working sink before the week is out. Or not.

This morning, the press of time hit me full force. My birthday is this coming Friday, and while getting a year older has long since ceased being cause for celebration, it reminds me of just how short time actually is. [Yes, this will also be the best one in . . . well, probably ever, just by virtue of being able to sleep upstairs, but the rest has to get done sooner rather than later.] We have a month to get most of the interior finished and furnished, at least on a basic level, because we've got stuff going on a month from now that requires it. Even if it weren't for that, we'd have to have exterior and much of the remaining interior done in that time frame, because by the end of November, we're now well into the realm of subzero nights, at least in recent years. And aside from all of that, the fact that I still need to spend significant amounts of time in the RV is damaging my health badly. Yes, it's better to be able to sleep in the house — exponentially better — but given the damage to my body from the last seven years in this place, that's a pretty low bar. I'm having a really bad day in terms of pain and other AI stuff, and also my breathing, and it's really bringing home to me how much the time I have to spend in here is hurting my health.

So. Tomorrow comes a conversation with the crew about a need to develop a far greater sense of urgency about getting stuff done. It also means no reprieve for me from the endless money chase, or from trying to list stuff that we ned on the registries. There's still such a very long way to go, and I am so very, very tired. As I've been saying, we have to get the bathrooms functional, and right now, neither of them is. There's still exterior work to get done before winter really settles in, and interior stairs and shelving and don't even get me started on the currently-nonexistent kitchen. So please, keep sharing our links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Lowe's cards (the physical version) via our Amazon wishlist;
  • Lowe's e-cards (delivered via e-mail) here; and
  • Home Depot cards via the company site. The e-version using my e-mail address is great; I take the tablet to the store with me, and they scan it off the screen.
  • Our Amazon wishlist generally.
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's not complete; what's on it so far are drapes for the upstairs, associated curtain rods, bath rugs for both bathrooms, and doormats and a few other miscellaneous items. Most important: curtain rods/hold-backs and drapes for upstairs; towel bars and associated fixtures for the downstairs bath.
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Also not complete, but covers a number of the area rugs needed for the upstairs and some kitchen items. I've finally added a bunch of items to it, although nothing in the way of small tables or lamps or kitchen items beyond three basic things, because yesterday proved to be a time-suck of epic proportions, and today was more of the same. What I did get to is all of the rugs for the whole house, and a few basic furniture items. But about Wayfair, and VERY IMPORTANT: They make it possible to crowdfund each item. So if you'd like to help, but the prices are too much for one person? You can kick in 20 bucks, or ten, or five, on any one item; many small donations can add up to one item. Even the backordered/out-of-stock items can be crowdfunded in advance. Right now, the two most important items are probably finishing funding of the chaise and the microwave (they get the microwave back in stock every few days), both of which are already partially funded. It's a slow process, but every day I find a few more items that fall into the badly-needed category, because the wiring and mold and lime and everything else in this toxic tin can has destroyed so much of what we used to have. I'm sickened by the amount of stuff we have to throw out (on top of the things that were simply ruined, such as the microwave fried by the wiring in this place).
Just like last night, I still have work to do tonight, and this was again a difficult day in a week that was difficult for both the pace and what I mentioned in my final post two nights ago. For now, many thanks and much love from us both, for donations, gift cards, shares, recs, moral support, and just generally helping me not lose my mind. Not much has changed on the health front:  As I've been saying daily, it seems, this has been a difficult day health-wise, with my flare itself seeming to flare, no doubt in part due to our high winds and drastic weather changes. But there are also the breathing difficulties, and sundry other issues secondary to the AI problems, and so I am moving very, very slowly, and accomplishing things only with quite a lot of difficulty. I'm going to be slow, and late, and unfocused; please bear with me while we try to get into a much healthier space. We are both so thankful for each and every one of you who made it possible for us to sleep now, for the first time in seven years, in a safe and healthy (and warm!) place.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment