Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Doing lousy at all of it.

Photo copyright Aji, 2024; all rights reserved.

It's been like this all day here. Actually, what the photo shows is mild; you can see the dirt, but you can't see the massive wall of dust that preceded it, because I wasn't fast enough to get it. And why wasn't I? Because I made the mistake of picking up a tarp that the wind had blown onto the ground.

I was battling the wind trying to fold and stow it in a place on the deck where it wouldn't blow away, and between my ongoing balance issues and a nasty wind gust, I tripped over the boot scraper. Slammed my right ulna against the post, in exactly the same spot where I injured it two months ago [and still have a lump as a result]. Worse, my right knee? The one that's been slightly dislocated for more than two years now? The one that the chemo just started to help three days ago, allowing it to go slightly back into place? Torqued. And tore. I heard it and felt it go, and I'm still feeling it, and I'm so pissed. 

And the pain is agonizing.

And none of it matters; climate collapse means that we'll have more of this bullshit, not less. And the work still has to get done, and the bills still have to get paid, and so far, I'm doing lousy at all of it.

We still have to pay for major medical other expenses later this month [and throughout, "we" means that I am the one who has to figure out how everything gets covered]; there's Wings's ongoing dental; we have some bureaucratic nonsense to take care of; and somehow, and I have GOT to bring in something for taxes. And the other demands on me are just as relentless [the ones that don't, directly, anyway, have to do explicitly with money]; there is no help for any of it, and I am at my wits' end over the latter ones especially. Combined with my illness progressing? I need help.


Meanwhile, my Patreon is still down by more than $700 a month over last year, and as our most consistent source of income, that is what pays our monthly bills like utilities and groceries and gas and so forth. What remains is not going to be enough even for that, never mind the taxes and everything else. Somehow, I have to bring in sales. If you're in the market, now would be a really, REALLY good time.And as always, all the regular links are listed below, with sales, as always, being the most important:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (Amazon cards are most important now, because they go to buy things we can't get locally, like the protein mixes for Wings and GF stuff for me and all the cleaning and other household products that people in cities can get but we can't; and also the filters for the air purifiers, because we have only one left and the amount of dust and dirt they take in in these winds is indescribable); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

After such a grim 2023, and with this year starting off MUCH worse (and given that we're already approaching the half-way mark), we really need to get 2024 onto a better footing, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2024; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                         

No comments :

Post a Comment