Friday, August 23, 2024

Not done yet.

Photo copyright Aji, 2024; all rights reserved.

It has been a day, and it's not done yet. On the one hand, it's been a good distraction from the marker this date is, three times over; on the other, I've felt worse today than in a very long time, and given the last two weeks, that's really saying something. 

However, today was also chemo day [it's low-dose, and it's oral; I just pop the pills], and so I'm stupidly, stubbornly hoping that tomorrow I'll start feeling better, at least for a couple of days. Not sure I would've survived this day without it; given all those dark clouds up there, you'd be forgiven for thinking we got a lot of rain, but no: just a few scattered drops, with enough high winds to send the ragwort pollen everywhere and my allergies into hyperdrive. I'm sitting here sniffling, eyes watering, coughing, asthmatic, on top of all my autoimmune flare issues, because today's pollen is so bad that even chemo can't suppress my immune system enough to deal with it.

And thanks to everything else going on today, I've accomplished exactly nothing of what I needed to be doing, work-wise: namely, bring in sales. Seriously, I need to bring in at least one sale a day for the rest of the month, and probably for the first 10 days of September, too, and I'm so far in the hole on that goal it's terrifying.

Because the expenses won't wait, particularly the taxes. We have come to the point where the IRS is openly hassling us, threatening us, demanding money we don't have on a timetable we can't meet. I have to have help. [That leachfield/septic failure early in the year, coupled with the complete lack of sales for months on end, set the stage for this mess, and our expenses have only gone up since then. I have to hold out at least another grand for the truck, whenever that stupid part comes in.] But I was only able to send them a token payment in April [see $10K leachfield failure], and now I have to give them a much bigger chunk. And then there's the $1K on my imaging last Thursday, and the additional $550 cash out the door last Friday, because the pressure switch on the well failed. It's endless, and I'm losing my mind trying to make everything work, especially when I'm in this much pain.

I'm going to need to bring in at least $4K-$5K a lot more than that in sales this week alone, and that feels like such an impossibility that I don't even know where to begin. I mean, other than cry, which I can't afford to do now because I won't be able to stop. One thing I do know is that, barring a miracle, the roof repair is out of the question. And that's horrible, but here we are.

I HAVE GOT TO BRING IN SALES NOW, NO MATTER WHAT.  I NEED HELP.  TODAY.

There is a ton of new work on the site from just the last couple of weeks [with three or four new cuffs in the works currently, a necklace, and at least one belt buckle plus some collectible items coming soon]: 

  • Three new cuffs, two set with incredible turquoise focals, one solid silver; go herehere, and here.
  • Six pairs of new concha floral earrings in the Earrings Gallery here [larger are garnet, golden rutilated quartz, and malachite; smaller are amber, carnelian, and iolite];
  • Art Deco Labradorite cuff here 
  • triangle wire youth bangle here
  • Art Nouveau vine pattern-wire youth bangle here
  • small Art Nouveau pattern-wire bangle pair here
  • malachite butterfly/leaf-wing earrings here
  • a big solid silver classic cuff here
  • ten new pairs of the gemstone-bead earrings are also up in the Earrings Gallery;
  • and another new cuff is also here

There's more on the way very soon. And I need to sell them all, because I still need to make sales at a rate of at least two per week for the rest of the year for us to catch up [and that's just breaking even; I'm already behind on that, which means I need to make FOUR sales this week just to catch up]. So: GO BUY! PLEASE! Links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (Amazon cards are probably most useful at this point); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

After such a grim year, this one already far worse than the last, we really need to get 2024 onto a better footing, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2024; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                               

No comments :

Post a Comment