Sunday, September 29, 2019

A lot of green gone.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

A lot of green gone; a lot more will go over the next couple of days, if the forecast rain appears in the volume they say it will.

A lot of the other kind of green gone, too, with no sales to make up for it. It's been a bad weekend already for all sorts of reasons, not the least of which is the extreme physical pain we're both coping with right now (yes, the traditional medicine is still helping me, but there are some things it can't touch). Chinook got out and onto the road again early this morning, and the adrenaline rush of fear that accompanies that also jacks pain levels substantially. She's on the tie-out now, and knows she's deep in the doghouse, so to speak. I despair of this dog, or at least of getting control over her nose.

Yesterday was completely unmanageable for me in terms of physical pain; today, it's Wings who's having the greater problem in that regard. There is so much we have to get done now, too, and so little time in which to do it, and I have to get back to some of the things I started early this morning, so the rest is mostly cut-and-paste. And we have got to make some steady sales soon. We do need to pick up stones and other supplies before we really get into the holiday creative season for Wings, which means soon. And I'm still watching the expenses continue to pile up, and there's nothing coming in to pay for them, and I'm losing my mind trying to juggle it all.

As always, I'll be bumping Ona's post up after this. He's at $13,500 right this moment (I see you, and thank you), and I'd like to see him hit $15K before the end of the weekend (which is, you know, today). I'd like to see it up to $20K for him by the end of this week. We need y'all to keep sharing while the family tries to get transport issues sorted out and keep his recovery going simultaneously.

The rest is all cut-and-paste. I have my own stubborn insistence on survival, no matter how far behind I get, but I'm way behind now and have to get on it. 

For those wondering about my own health issues, see here; with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. We still have to get the plumber in to finish up, and I regard that as a bigger priority right now in practical terms, so whatever we take in sales-wise will have to go to that. This is all complicated by the fact that, for August, a record number/amount of my Patreon patrons' cards were declined, too, more than $250 worth, so that income is a lot lower than usual and I now have to worry about whether that will be the case for September, too (no, I don't know who and haven't checked; I'm not going to contact anyone who probably is already scrambling to juggle their own stuff, too).

Anyway. Back to the grind; so I need help to get all this done. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need the help now:
On the wishlist, now the cold is here at night, the flies are getting chased out by the cold, so the top priority is probably the candles, to deal with the residual mildew odor in the utility room, which I hope the plumber will be here to finish next week (the utility room work, not the mildew, and yeah, I know i said that last week, but there's no money for it). But the costs on all of this are killing us right now.

And as I said, sales are ideal, of course; one or two of Wings's bigger pieces would cover the whole shot for this round of work. Patreon subscriptions are good, too. Either way, it's a trade for value. But I'm already feeling panicked at what we thought would be our schedule being so suddenly and thoroughly upended, and we'll take it however it comes at this point. 

Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment