Friday, September 13, 2019

In spite of it all.


Our pink and yellow rosebushes did not bloom at all this year, another (temporary, we hope) casualty of climate change. The Chrysler Imperial roses, though? They shed all their petals a month ago and more. Now, cold or no, they are defiantly blooming in spite of it all.

That's had to be my mantra my whole life: In spite of it all. Now's no different. But I have a ton of work to get done today offline, and I'm already running late, thanks to all sorts of disruptions already. Among that work is figuring out a way to make some sales. Beyond that, all the rest is cut-and-paste, because I'm out of time and conserving my energy for all the labor of the day ahead.

I'm canceling all of my September medical appointments but one. It'll be the most expensive one, natch; there are factors that are cause for concern about my kidney function, and so I need to get those labs done at the end of the month, but everything else? Getting canceled. And there's a way in which I don't even mind all that much, because my pain and fatigue levels are so bad at the moment that I really don't feel like getting poked and prodded repeatedly week after week right now. 

For those wondering about either the health issues, see here; with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. We still have to get the plumber in to finish up, and I regard that as a bigger priority right now in practical terms, so whatever we take in sales-wise will have to go to that. This is all complicated by the fact that, for August, a record number/amount of my Patreon patrons' cards were declined, too, so that income is lower than usual (no, I don't know who and haven't checked; I'm not going to contact anyone who probably is already scrambling to juggle their own stuff, too).

Anyway. Back to the grind; so I need help to get all this done. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need the help now:
On the wishlist, there are two MAJOR priorities right now:  the fly traps and the peppermint oil (thank you to whomever bought the peppermint oil!) and the dish drainer, the latter because we're going to need to take care of some cabinet-top stuff when the guys are here next week, or whenever we get them back out here. The former are needed in quantity because this is horsefly season, and the numbers are overwhelming our efforts All the other stuff is helpful, too; the candles are to deal with the residual mildew odor in the utility room, which I hope the plumber will be here to finish next week (the utility room work, not the mildew). But the costs on all of this are . . . killing us right now.

And as I said, sales are ideal, of course; one or two of Wings's bigger pieces would cover the whole shot for this round of work. Patreon subscriptions are good, too. Either way, it's a trade for value. But I'm already feeling panicked at what we thought would be our schedule being so suddenly and thoroughly upended, and we'll take it however it comes at this point. 

Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment