Wednesday, September 25, 2019

Mare's tails and mare's nests.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

Mare's tails and mare's nests. The former? Well, it's that season here, typically, although we've had a lot more clouds than usual lately. The latter? Everything, apparently.

I'm still debating on whether to keep my next appointment or not. Yes, because of the money. Wings has one tomorrow, and we did manage to his scrips yesterday, even if they couldn't be bothered with mine. But expenses keep mounting. We can't maintain this pace, and I don't know how we're going to get the guys back to finish the work; we can't afford it. Wings and I will to do as much of it as we can ourselves, however hard it is on our bodies, because winter is coming fast and hard this year and we have no choice but to beat it. Wings dropped his latest two nights ago — layered vintage-style dangle earrings, and they are fabulous; you can see them here. Please share them (and all the other links), because we really, really, desperately need to make some sales now. 

Again, I'll be bumping Ona's post up after this, because donations have mostly tanked over the weekend. Ideally, I'd like to see him pass $15K before the week is out. We need y'all to keep sharing while the family tries to get transport issues sorted out and keep his recovery going simultaneously.

The rest is all cut-and-paste. I have my own stubborn insistence on survival, no matter how far behind I get, but I'm way behind now and have to get on it. 

For those wondering about my own health issues, see here; with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. We still have to get the plumber in to finish up, and I regard that as a bigger priority right now in practical terms, so whatever we take in sales-wise will have to go to that. This is all complicated by the fact that, for August, a record number/amount of my Patreon patrons' cards were declined, too, more than $250 worth, so that income is a lot lower than usual and I now have to worry about whether that will be the case for September, too (no, I don't know who and haven't checked; I'm not going to contact anyone who probably is already scrambling to juggle their own stuff, too).

Anyway. Back to the grind; so I need help to get all this done. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need the help now:
On the wishlist, now the cold is here at night, the flies are getting chased out by the cold, so the top priority is probably the candles, to deal with the residual mildew odor in the utility room, which I hope the plumber will be here to finish next week (the utility room work, not the mildew, and yeah, I know i said that last week, but there's no money for it). But the costs on all of this are killing us right now.

And as I said, sales are ideal, of course; one or two of Wings's bigger pieces would cover the whole shot for this round of work. Patreon subscriptions are good, too. Either way, it's a trade for value. But I'm already feeling panicked at what we thought would be our schedule being so suddenly and thoroughly upended, and we'll take it however it comes at this point. 

Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment