Thursday, September 26, 2019

The feeling of an omen.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

He was up there squawking yesterday afternoon, before moving to a post in the pends and squawking some more. He was at it up in the same aspen again this morning when I went out to feed the dogs. It has the feeling of an omen — a warning, a foreshadowing. Given how the rest of the year has gone, that's not especially encouraging. Coupled with my current lack of sleep, due in part to a 4-hour power outage in the middle of the night (the utility's fault, not ours), and . . . well, I've felt better about things than I do today.

I'm on the run today, and again tomorrow, so unless I get to the point where I can't do anything but sit for a while, you probably won't see much of me until evening either day. Too much to do, and too few hours in which to get it done. And still, we have got to make some steady sales soon. I'm watching the expenses continue to pile up, and there's nothing coming in to pay for them, and I'm losing my mind trying to juggle it all.

Again, I'll be bumping Ona's post up after this, because donations have mostly tanked over the weekend. He's at exactly $12K right this moment (I see you, and thank you), and I'd like to see him hit $15K before the end of the week. We need y'all to keep sharing while the family tries to get transport issues sorted out and keep his recovery going simultaneously.

The rest is all cut-and-paste. I have my own stubborn insistence on survival, no matter how far behind I get, but I'm way behind now and have to get on it. 

For those wondering about my own health issues, see here; with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. We still have to get the plumber in to finish up, and I regard that as a bigger priority right now in practical terms, so whatever we take in sales-wise will have to go to that. This is all complicated by the fact that, for August, a record number/amount of my Patreon patrons' cards were declined, too, more than $250 worth, so that income is a lot lower than usual and I now have to worry about whether that will be the case for September, too (no, I don't know who and haven't checked; I'm not going to contact anyone who probably is already scrambling to juggle their own stuff, too).

Anyway. Back to the grind; so I need help to get all this done. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need the help now:
On the wishlist, now the cold is here at night, the flies are getting chased out by the cold, so the top priority is probably the candles, to deal with the residual mildew odor in the utility room, which I hope the plumber will be here to finish next week (the utility room work, not the mildew, and yeah, I know i said that last week, but there's no money for it). But the costs on all of this are killing us right now.

And as I said, sales are ideal, of course; one or two of Wings's bigger pieces would cover the whole shot for this round of work. Patreon subscriptions are good, too. Either way, it's a trade for value. But I'm already feeling panicked at what we thought would be our schedule being so suddenly and thoroughly upended, and we'll take it however it comes at this point. 

Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment