Thursday, September 19, 2019

Changing fast now.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

The colors are changing fast now. More rain coming, allegedly, late today. When the sun's out, it's in the 80s and feels oppressively hot; as soon as the sun goes behind a cloud, the temperature drops a smooth 15 degrees and you need legs and sleeves again.

Exhaustion has taken hold again. We were supposed to go to SF today to take care of some things, but the many disruptions to the week, coupled with Chinook trespassing on the east side not just yesterday morning, but again just before full dark last night, have made travel impossible right now. Maybe next week. For today, my right lower leg is subluxed, from knee to ankle. so I'm having to be careful about foot placement and so forth right now.

The colors aren't the only things changing, nor weather and season, either. We're having to lay off the guys again, for the foreseeable future, because there just isn't the money to pay them. We're going to try to do as much of what's left on the wood ourselves; the other things will all have to wait. Again. Along with all the other finish work on the house that's been waiting two years and will have to wait however many more, until we can afford to get it done. That's more pain and stress on our bodies, too, but without sales, there's nothing we can do.

And we have the complicating factor of needing to try to set some aside for the current family situation, too. That post is here, but I'll be bumping it up to the top again after I post this, because donations are coming in now few and far between, and shares are virtually nonexistent. Wings's nephew needs all the help we can give him right now, and that means getting this out in front of the rest of the world, but we're not getting much traction, including from the many, many people we've helped even when we couldn't afford to do so, and that has me more than a little disheartened and depressed right now.

For those wondering about my own health issues, see here (and since there seems to be some confusion, I should point out only I am canceling appointments, not Wings; mine tend to be far more expensive, and also more physically painful, given the nature of what I'm dealing with right now, and the cost factor puts them first on the chopping block). I am keeping next week's labs, because there's concern about my kidney function. That's going to cost a small fortune, but I don't have a choice. With regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. We still have to get the plumber in to finish up, and I regard that as a bigger priority right now in practical terms, so whatever we take in sales-wise will have to go to that. This is all complicated by the fact that, for August, a record number/amount of my Patreon patrons' cards were declined, too, so that income is lower than usual (no, I don't know who and haven't checked; I'm not going to contact anyone who probably is already scrambling to juggle their own stuff, too).

Anyway. Back to the grind; so I need help to get all this done. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need the help now:
Some thank-yous are in order: first, to whomever bought the peppermint oil! Second, to o.w. for Chinook's training treats; she's handling the training like a champ. And to all the other folks who were unidentified on the package enclosures; to the folks who hit my Ko-fi/our PayPal; and to the sister who sent a check and whose address I put in a safe place for purposes of a thank-you card, and it's apparently such a safe place that I cannot find it because my brain is what it is these days). On the wishlist, now the cold is here at night, the flies are not quite so bad, but the fly traps are still a priority. The other top priorities  (and all of these, including the fly traps, are of equal priority, especially now that the flies are finally dwindling) are the dish drainer, because we're going to need to take care of some cabinet-top stuff when the guys are here next week, or whenever we get them back out here; and the candles, to deal with the residual mildew odor in the utility room, which I hope the plumber will be here to finish next week (the utility room work, not the mildew). But the costs on all of this are . . . killing us right now.

And as I said, sales are ideal, of course; one or two of Wings's bigger pieces would cover the whole shot for this round of work. Patreon subscriptions are good, too. Either way, it's a trade for value. But I'm already feeling panicked at what we thought would be our schedule being so suddenly and thoroughly upended, and we'll take it however it comes at this point. 

Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment