Wednesday, April 26, 2023

Proof of snow.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

That was this morning. It's hard to see unless you click to enlarge it, but it's there: proof of snow. Now, there is now snow (except on the peaks), but the winds are vicious, and I'd rather have this morning's conditions back, thanks all the same.

I'm not maneuvering very well as it is. I was sitting in an absurdly uncomfortable chair waiting for Wings at an appointment yesterday, and my spine is out of place, a couple of ribs are slightly subluxed, and my right knee subluxed in the opposite direction in my sleep early this morning. The pain is excruciating, and despite the cold, I'm wearing long shorts so that I can keep the knee wrapped, because leaving it otherwise is scream-inducing.

Yesterday was a horrible day, anyway. Only two badly broken hours of sleep, courtesy of my pain levels, then up early for this appointment. Logged on first thing, only to find that The Lion, Harry Belafonte, is gone. And then off to this appointment where the "professional" in question has screwed up time and again, and now wants us to pay another $11K for another solution, which is not happening, especially not given that she's illegitimately retaining a lot of what she's already been paid that should be 1) applied to this or 2) refunded. But retaining a lawyer and battling this in the local courts is something neither of us can do, both because of the money and because of the time involved. My symptoms have worsened to the point that I can barely leave the house, and then only under certain conditions, so fighting something like this is a nonstarter. But we're out three pandemic years of trying to fix this and all the money besides, and I was so angry yesterday I was ready to start breaking shit. Not least because I also learned that a relative we have helped over and over and over and who has harmed us both (especially me) irreparably and yet still we help when needed? Refused even to respond to Wings regarding some help he asked for, something for which we offered to pay, and then turned around and gave, free, that very same thing to someone about whom said relative talks endless ugly [and untrue] shit. And I am fucking done. I don't care what it is; neither of us is lifting a damn finger, or a dollar, anymore. [And if you're reading this? I don't give a shit; I know you like to pretend we're stupid, but we've known who you are for years now. But we're done.]

And I still need to bring in sales. I have to figure out this secondary solution for Wings from a wholly different provider, and I have no fucking idea how, but at some point it's got to be done. His knees need to be done, to the tune of almost $2 grand in cash, up-front, in June. And it's just endless with the tax bullshit. With the two big tax payments we've already sent in, I've got to start making up for it somehow, and that means bringing in sales. Like right away. In the best of times, we need to average one sale a week (any amount; it eventually averages out) just to break even. We're nowhere near that right now, thanks to this colonial government.

In the meantime, all of our links are here; BIG emphasis on sales for now, for obvious reasons. Basically, we need to bring in roughly one sale a week to cover everything anyway; if I can bring in just a couple more sales before month's end ($1-2K worth), we'll be okay until it starts all over again in May. Here are all the links:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (new priority, because this week I've been forced to eliminate another staple from my diet just to function rather minimally, and someone mentioned that perhaps our old non-stick pans, which are in fact long since well beyond their useful date, are making the matter worse, so there's a non-PFAS replacement set at the top that would help with cooking/cleanup/my hands/my illness; and yes, the Zero-Odor sprays are still useful right now, although these days it's dusty dogs, not wet ones); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          


No comments :

Post a Comment