Saturday, April 8, 2023

An omen, and not a good one.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Today started beautifully, but the wind's already here, hours earlier than yesterday. The crow is up there chattering and cawing in the drought-deadened branches of the farthest southwest willow. It feels like a warning, like an omen, and not a good one.

I wondered yesterday when I titled the post here if it wasn't jinxing things, and sure enough, it did. I got a call from the tax preparer late in the day, and the news was far worse than I could ever have imagined. It's going to take me all year, all of my Patreon subscriptions and most of our sales income, to pay it off, never mind prepay next year's.  I'm so angry right now at having to pay such a huge percentage of our hard-earned income to a government that wants us dead and lets us know it daily. And I'm absolutely despondent, because I work as hard as I can and it's never enough. Wings is already insisting that he can't get his knee injections in June and he has to get them; he can't do any more steroid shots.  So I have to come up with high four figures to keep the feds, who let billionaires get away with paying nothing, off our backs, while bringing in another 2 grand to cover his knees, and I can't work any harder than I already am. Dammit, I can barely walk anymore, I don't go out anywhere or do anything, my own illness is progressing damn fast, and none of it matters, because colonialism wants our deaths and it's determined to get them.

I have no heart for any of it. I'm sad, I'm depressed from never having a moment's respite from the pain and never, now, a moment's respite from work, all to feed this government's maw. I posted Wings's two newest here yesterday, the sale of which would help a small fraction, but nowhere near enough. And yes, I'm angry. Very angry at this point. Anyway, all of our links are here; emphasis on sales (because we'll probably be writing a big check to the tax man next week) and testimonials for now:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (the Zero-Odor sprays are the priority right now; the house smells constantly of wet dog at the moment, and we can't get these locally); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          


No comments :

Post a Comment