Thursday, June 27, 2024

Once again, it's been a day.

Photo copyright Aji, 2024; all rights reserved.

That was the source of the day's first rainfall, about 2:30 this afternoon. We've had smaller showers since, and we're awaiting the arrival of the line of real bangers right now. If I disappear offline tonight, that will be why.

Everything's late because once again, it's been a day. I woke up around 5 AM with a massive migraine, and it's still here, despite everything that I had to do today [and for the first half of it, in suffocating heat and humidity]. We also had to shell out another . . . I don't even know, over $200 in cash, with probably another $100 tomorrow for scrips. Wings has had to have his meds adjusted again, although this time it's just a dosage change, not a change in the meds themselves. He also needs another round of labs, so that will be more three-figure money out the door. I got off easy by comparison this time; I don't have to have my labs repeated until December [barring some new problem, of course]. I had three things out of range, one my LDL, which is always WAY low, but now it's 2 points above the line. That's an effect of the lupus, which can cause exactly that issue, but it's not elevated enough to require medication. Likewise, my one liver enzyme that was elevated is apparently the result of syndrome that occurs in some people when they're tested while fasting, and I was indeed fasting; basically, I eat, and it drops back to normal. The third one, though, is not so easily resolved. My rheumatoid factor was sky-high, several times higher than it was last time I measured seropositive for RA, and that's on 7 months of chemo. She says that it must have quite literally been off the charts last November, given how high it still is. So that means I stay on the chemo at the current dose for now, but we'll elevate it if necessary, and I see her again in the fall.

Unless, of course, the imaging turns up something nasty, in which case I'll have to see her a lot sooner. But I have to bring in enough scratch to cover the imaging, which will run into four figures easily, and right now, I have literally nothing, so that's a big ol' no for now. Of course, if there is something big bad lurking, the longer I delay, the worse it'll get. But that's the way it is in a country that prizes death over life, so here we are.

On top of that, I've already missed the deadline with the IRS to avoid the next round of penalties and interest, but I have GOT to get this off my desk, and there's no way I can do that without really major sales coming in. And there's none of that, which means that I am buried under all of this for the foreseeable, so if it's not related to bringing in sales, I'm likely not doing it. I got the two new solid-silver cuffs up yesterday, plus a new ingot pendant; tonight I'll get the other two cuffs posted, each with a focal stone, each Art Deco in the design, but very different overall. Generating income is all that matters at this point, which means sales are all that matters. Links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (Amazon cards are probably most useful at this point); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

After such a grim year, this one already even worse than the last, we really need to get 2024 onto a better footing, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2024; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                              

No comments :

Post a Comment