Sunday, June 9, 2024

Wild.

Photo copyright Aji, 2024; all rights reserved.

That's what been building to the north/northwest for the last half-hour. It's mostly overhead now, and it's wild. If I disappear offline suddenly, you'll know what happened, because our power grid in this county is absurdly bad.

It's only sprinkling at the moment, but it does look as though we'll get some real rain. Which is good, actually; very good. I just wish I'd had some luck making it rain in the sales sense this weekend. We have truck insurance due this week, chimney cleaning next week, ridiculously expensive medical testing for both of us at the end of next week. and the Tax Man is, of course, hounding us now. I need to make a big payment and get some of this off my chest, where it's sitting like a dead weight. But I can't do that without some major sales, and so far, no luck.

So. On top of the taxes, the chimney cleaning, the change in our Web hosting [a year already paid in advance, unless we wind up having to upgrade to more space, in which case it goes up by another $400], the need to replace my dying laptop, and all the other nonsense? Four figures' worth of medical bills coming up fast. The stress of all this is what's killing me now [and the insomnia, and the pain; the insomnia last night was monstrous, and I didn't get to sleep at all until the sun was already starting to come up]. I refuse to entertain the notion of the new pain and other symptoms being anything other than autoimmune complications.


Until I have to, anyway. Waiting to see what reverting to the proper chemo dose accomplishes. But meanwhile, the expenses won't wait.

So we've GOT to make sales now.  Desperately.  I need help; I can't do this alone.

I've put up a bunch of new work lately, including four new pairs of earrings posted on Twitter and Bsky the other night; I'll have them up on the NDN Silver site this afternoon, with luck [yes, I know I said that yesterday, and the day before, but both were a horror show in terms of interruptions, and today's not looking any better, actually]. There's more to come, including possibly a new cuff soon [he's not satisfied with it currently] and several additional new pairs of simple bezel-set gemstone earrings, in addition to the pairs from the other day. And as always, all the regular links are listed below. I've added some new items to the wish list; we're almost out of masks, and we both have to wear them in every interaction with anyone else [I have no immune system anymore, remember]; I've also found a hand soap that doesn't make my hands bleed, and while it's pricey, one bottle each in bathroom and kitchen lasts over a month apiece, even with how frequently we have to wash our hands given the work we do around here. But as always, sales are by far the most important:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the FlexTape is also the priority now, so I'm told; otherwise, Amazon cards and the filters for the air purifiers); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

After such a grim 2023, and with this year starting off MUCH worse (and given that we're already approaching the half-way mark), we really need to get 2024 onto a better footing, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2024; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                              

No comments :

Post a Comment