Wednesday, February 5, 2020

Talk about whiplash.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020 all rights reserved.

That was the hay barn early yesterday, a good six inches' worth then. We wound up closer to a foot, although I think in town it was more like the three inches forecast for here. Now, the mercury has at last crept up into the low double digits, but the wind chill is still below zero, and of course, the actual temperature was below zero overnight.

Two days ago, it was sixty-one degrees.

Talk about whiplash.

At any rate, some changes today; medical appointments bumped to next month because they were both routine and and we had another demand on our time moved up to today. I'll be out for a while later, probably, but back online this evening. My laptop continues to die apace; the keyboard is causing me three times as much work, at least. The Pueblo is now closed for two full months, which puts tourism income in the negatives. And January was, quite frankly, a hell month. In the meantime, I have to navigate the weather and pain and expense and find a way to bring in income.

Also unfortunately, I'm still reduced to trying to get work done with a torn ankle and subluxed forearm, hips, and knees, and now two barely functional hands, and a laptop that continues to deteriorate by the day (a camera, too, and both are essential for our work — not just mine, but his). The pain is . . . very bad these days. It's not a function of weather or cold, mostly, but of deterioration. In desperation, I've added one last supplement, a costly one, in hopes of getting it to ease off even a little; I won't know if it's going to work for at least a month yet. I'm also trying to plan for all the expenses of winter to come. The Pueblo closure started Saturday, and as I said above, is slated to last two full months this time, so it will be worse than usual. In that period of time, there will be taxes to pay, his scrip to keep refilling, his dental work to try somehow to get done, and forget about my own follow-up tests, to say nothing of plumbing/wall repairs or all the work still unfinished on the house; I'm scrapping everything, because we can't afford it. Yes, I'm due for follow-up scans and biopsies already, and they're not going to happen, because we don't have five figures' worth of scratch to waste on it. I've still got to make sales, try to drum up new Patreon subscribers, do whatever I can to bring in more money, all on top of everything else. Folks can help in several ways (sales are always preferred, but the wishlist helps, too right now, what we can use most are coffee, cleaning agents, and Amazon cards for the things I'm not going to put on a public list, like supplements and glucose tabs and underwear). Oh, and I posted four new works day before yesterday, here and here, so please share the links (also, BUY! they're perfect for Valentine's Day):
Please share everything. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment