Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Talons.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.
Talons, even in the sky. In the grip of insomnia now, thanks to too much pain, too narrow an airway, and too much other bullshit (including a dog puking all over the bedroom rug at 1 AM). 

So, no sleep again. Nope; none at all, not a wink, not even a second. So everything's early, since I can't do anything else to get away from the pain and the fatigue. The rest is cut-and-paste, because lack of sleep notwithstanding, I am wiped out.

In the meantime, everything has to get done. Later this week is a meeting with the dentist to try to restart this process. We've got a bunch of other administrative-type tasks to get done, to say nothing of getting to work on this year's taxes. Still waiting on the plumber, who has now bumped it to "the end of next week," which means it will be a solid MONTH since we called him in the first place, so, no, I'm not especially happy about it, why do you ask?

And there are bills to pay and expenses to cover, and the next round (three separate ones) are going to total about $720, so I need to make enough sales this week to cover that. It would be nice to cover the $500 or so we paid out the last couple of weeks on groceries and animal feed and supplies and stuff for Wings's work, too. The three new pieces are up now, collectively, in today's feature post. There might also be another three, because he wanted to get through two sets this weekend, but I haven't had to chance to trawl through his bead inventory and lay out the ones for the next concept he has in mind; maybe today or tomorrow. Either way, look for some new, moderately priced informal sets (necklace, earrings, coil bracelet) to appear in the next day or two. 

Meanwhile, not much is changing on the pain front for me. I'm at an end for the moment, and with the spring winds apparently nearly here, it's only get to worse (much, MUCH worse). The pain and the breathing problems these last two or three weeks have buried me. About two weeks ago, I had the first really terrifying episode I've had in while, since switching up my meds and getting the ibruprofen entirely out of my system. I've had a number of smaller ones since, and it's probably mostly down to the asthma, but nothing's working. The headache is rooted in equal parts pollen and pred, and nothing's working. January was, quite frankly, a hell month, and this one is shaping up to be much like it. In the meantime, I have to navigate the weather and pain and expense and find a way to bring in income. There's a lot of year ahead of us, and we have to make steady sales.

Also unfortunately, I'm still reduced to trying to get work done with a torn ankle and subluxed forearm, hips, and knees, and now two barely functional hands, and a laptop that continues to deteriorate by the day (a camera, too, and both are essential for our work — not just mine, but his). The pain is . . . very bad these days. It's not a function of weather or cold, mostly, but of deterioration. In desperation, I've added one last supplement, a costly one, in hopes of getting it to ease off even a little; I won't know if it's going to work for at least a month yet. I'm also trying to plan for all the expenses of winter to come. The Pueblo closure started two weeks ago, and as I said above, is slated to last two full months this time, so it will be worse than usual. In that period of time, there will be taxes to pay, his scrip to keep refilling, his dental work to try somehow to get done, and forget about my own follow-up tests, to say nothing of plumbing/wall repairs or all the work still unfinished on the house; I'm scrapping everything, because we can't afford it. Yes, I'm due for follow-up scans and biopsies already, and they're not going to happen, because we don't have five figures' worth of scratch to waste on it. I've still got to make sales, try to drum up new Patreon subscribers, do whatever I can to bring in more money, all on top of everything else. Folks can help in several ways (sales are always preferred). Oh, and I posted four new works a week or so ago, here and here, and I added something new, seasonal, and absolutely fabulous a few days later, so please share the links (also, BUY! they're all perfect for spring, Easter, upcoming festivities of any kind):
Please share everything. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment