Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Secondary uses.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020;
all rights reserved.
Secondary uses. We haven't built a fire in the smaller woodstove in a couple of weeks now (although we're still having to use the larger one at least once a day to banish the chill). But it's perfect for flowers. [Yes, that is a mason jar, and no, I couldn't get all the label off it on either side. Shut up. It's what you use when you don't have a vase.]

This day began with problems, and they just keep mounting. I'm really feeling the weight of it, and without sales to cover everything that keeps piling up, I'm having a hard time keeping everything going in his pandemic economy (or lack thereof; there is NO economy here now, and there will not be one probably before at least this time next year). I can't do this alone. Unlike the feds, I can't just print money to cover everything. But I have to keep paying money to them, too, even though they're busy trying to kill us off.

After three years of no crops due to drought, and now the pandemic, we HAVE to be able to go back to growing our own food and medicine this year. It's not optional. And to do that, we're going to have to drill a well in the north field. And no, I don't know how we're going to pay for it, but I have to bring in enough sales somehow.

That's just the BIG one. Over the next few weeks, I have to pay our first two round of quarterly taxes, about $3,300. One or two big sales would take care of that one. But that's not optional, either, and I need to get this off my plate so I can focus my worry on things less immediately dangerous to our well-being.

We'll have to pay the guys for their help with regard to the water, even if it doesn't work. We've had to hire River back, because I cannot do the work anymore and there's too much of it for Wings to do alone. He's struggling to make rent; worse, his truck now has a cracked head. All of that's going to cost a lot, and he doesn't have it. We can front him some advances intermittently, but we can't pay for the whole shot right now, which leaves him potentially without transportation to come to work. And I can't transfer my ancient Hyundai to him until he can get the paperwork done, and the MVD offices are all closed at least until June. 

And the horse vet, who was finally out yesterday; the horses like him, and he's very good, and they don't need their teeth floated for another year yet, so it's less than we thought: $225 for everything, including meds. But still. $225. Also, the lawn mower that we paid $500 to fix? They didn't fix it. Wings started mowing Sunday, and the same damn hose came out and started spraying oil everywhere. NO, they haven't called us back. Plus there's my laptop, blowing up routinely, and my camera, dying slowly, and they are our livelihood, too.

It falls on my shoulders to figure out how to make all this work. And right now, my shoulders are bowed pretty far over; I can't take on anything more until I can get some of these burdens off them. I also can't conjure the cash out of thin air. So please, share our links; send me testimonials to post on the site; and if you've had your eye on something, for yourself, for Father's Day/graduation/wedding/other gifts, now would be a really, REALLY good time.

The links are here:
Note: For now, please don't buy anything off the Amazon wishlist; to do so would be crossing a picket line, and some of their workers have struck this morning to fight for safer working conditions because their lives are being put at even greater risk during this pandemic. If you find one of the items elsewhere, wonderful (there's even a wishlist function where you can note that it's been purchased somewhere else).

Other than that, please share everything. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used 
or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment