Friday, September 18, 2020

Just look at that innocent face.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.


Just look at that innocent face.  

Right after ripping down the horses' big rubber ball, which was hanging from the stall post. That's their newest toy, but it keeps them occupied, and the horses don't seem to care.

And I need them occupied now, because this is going to be a hell of a day. I have shipping to do, both standing in line at the post office and going to the local crating company, and we also have to do an Albertson's run, not for groceries but for things like detergent and paper towels (if they have any) and so forth. And I need to get on it, so the rest is cut-and-paste, but it all still holds. My big concern now is bringing in consistent sales to get us through the remainder of this terrible year, so shares are what we most need.

Thanks to a friend, we're going to make it out of September in one piece. I'll be paying the remaining regular bills this weekend and hoarding as much as possible against the quarterly tax payment, which, if I could make one more good sale, I could pay in full next week and get it out of the way early. I'm still delaying the car tow and repair, because the taxes need to come first, and with my Patreon still down by ~$110 a month or so, I need to make sure every penny is available to cover the taxes and the regular bills. 

So we will still need help to make sales through the rest of this awful year. I'm not asking for donations; there are too many people worse off than us, people who don't know where their next meal is coming from, who very shortly may not have (or already don't have) a roof over their heads. But this pandemic has killed tourism for Indigenous artists like Wings, and has killed everyone's sales. Businesses are closing left and right here, and we're blessed to be able to work out of our home, but still, sales are, in relative terms, down to nothing.

You can help by sharing our links. You can especially help if you're in the market for high-end, Spirit-infused Indigenous wearable art, for yourself or as a gift, by considering Wings's work for purchase. It's back-to-school season, even if remotely in some places, with all the events that that entails; birthdays come and go year-round; Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas especially will all be here before we know it. 

The links are here:

And making sure everything's covered? That part of it is all on me, no matter how sick I am, no matter how much pain I'm in, no matter how little sleep I get. And with this hanging over me, I'm getting precious little sleep now. We need to be able to continue to help folks, and we're going to keep on doing it. But to do that, and to keep our own heads above water, we need to bring in sales closer to normal rates. Please help us do that if you can. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment