Saturday, September 19, 2020

Something to brighten the day a bit.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; 
all rights reserved.

That was two days ago, when I was having a spectacularly awful day pain-wise. No matter how bad it is, Wings always knows how to make me smile. And with the days so gray from the pall of smoke hanging over everything, it's nice to have something to brighten the day a bit. The pain hasn't really relented since; that constant toxic miasma of smoke sees to that, for both of us. It also makes breathing especially rough, and I am profoundly grateful to the friend who bought us the two air purifiers, which I have running at full speed right now. So far, with them going, I'm able to stay off the O2 mostly throughout the day, although I always put it back on when I go to bed at night. 

Thanks to another friend, we're also going to make it out of September in one piece. I have paid all of the remaining bills for this month, and yesterday we shipped what needed shipping (an hour's worth of work at the post office and the crating company, because of the mess that everything is out there now, both pandemic-related and USPS-destroying-fascist-related). We also bought such detergents and other household supplies as we could, which is to say, nowhere near all of what we needed because local inventories are still terrible, but at least we have laundry soap. Now, I'm hoarding as much as possible against the quarterly tax payment, which, if I could make one more good sale, I could pay in full next week and get it out of the way early. I'm still delaying the car tow and repair, because the taxes need to come first, and with my Patreon still down by ~$110 a month or so, I need to make sure every penny is available to cover the taxes and the regular bills. 

So we will still need help to make sales through the rest of this awful year. I'm not asking for donations; there are too many people worse off than us, people who don't know where their next meal is coming from, who very shortly may not have (or already don't have) a roof over their heads. But this pandemic has killed tourism for Indigenous artists like Wings, and has killed everyone's sales. Businesses are closing left and right here, and we're blessed to be able to work out of our home, but still, sales are, in relative terms, down to nothing.

You can help by sharing our links. You can especially help if you're in the market for high-end, Spirit-infused Indigenous wearable art, for yourself or as a gift, by considering Wings's work for purchase. It's back-to-school season, even if remotely in some places, with all the events that that entails; birthdays come and go year-round; Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas especially will all be here before we know it. 

The links are here:

And making sure everything's covered? That part of it is all on me, no matter how sick I am, no matter how much pain I'm in, no matter how little sleep I get. And with this hanging over me, I'm getting precious little sleep now. We need to be able to continue to help folks, and we're going to keep on doing it. But to do that, and to keep our own heads above water, we need to bring in sales closer to normal rates. Please help us do that if you can. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment