Monday, December 14, 2020

On overload.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.

The tree is up. 

I said up, not decorated. I had planned to get the lights on it today, but given how much I have to do and how disrespectful everyone is of my time, that seems unlikely now.

I am on overload in every conceivable way right now, and the lack of sleep and attendant migraine aren't doing anything to fix that. [And Patreon subscribers, read on, because if this is you and it's only a matter of an expired card? Losing over $300 to a bureaucratic snafu is a hit we can't afford.] Oh, and I'll have a new piece up later today [one more for the to-do-list, which is actually about six different things just to get it posted].

As I said yesterday, I'm out of time. We've made exactly one holiday sale, and if that doesn't change, fast, It's going to make for an ugly remainder of the year, to say nothing of the start of 2021. Nothing matters now but making sales, but the problem is that I can't ever get enough time to promote anything. And if I don't bring in a bunch of them this week? We are thoroughly screwed going into 2021. There is no economy now. There's nothing. People are literally dying all around us from the government's failures, and I don't know how we keep them, or us, alive unless I bring in a significant number of sales over the next week and a half.

On top of it all, and my Patreon payout for November was down by some $400+ (now it's down only $300+). I'm pretty sure a couple of them are folks whose credit cards expired and they just need to update their accounts, so if that's you, please check your subscriptions; this is a BIG, BIG, BIG hit for us. 

I'm tired. Tired in ways no one will ever understand. "Can't hold your own head up because the physical fatigue is too much" tired. I don't care about any of the rest of it. Yeah, our craven and cowardly governor is willing to let us all die. Nothing I do makes a damn bit of difference, but I still have to keep us alive, and other folks, too. So:

And this will sound selfish, but I've spent the whole year working to help other folks survive in the face of some very ugly [and wholly unnecessary] odds, and two days ago, I hit the fucking wall. I'm going to do my work, I'm going to chase sales to keep us alive.  That's it. Because the country, the state, their so-called leadership? They're willing to let us die.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

     

No comments :

Post a Comment