Saturday, January 22, 2022

Dazzling work.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

I posted these elsewhere last night; these are the two new heart necklaces I've been talking about. The one on the right is now finished; the one on the left is almost complete (just waiting for findings on the bead strand, I think). I'll have them both up later, probably this evening. This is absolutely dazzling work.

Those other two new pieces I mentioned Monday night are both up at NDN Silver finally, and they are gorgeous; you can see them here and here. More hearts are in the works for Valentine's Day (and at least one possible as early as this evening), including a couple of hook bracelets and a pair of earrings, I think, plus the next grouping in his series The Winter Elementals, which should be up tomorrow, if all goes well. And we badly need to sell them all.

This is our most expensive month of the year (followed very closely by July, and that's not even counting April, which is tax month, in this). So while we had a far better holiday sales season than I could ever have hoped, we still have to keep the cycle going. This is our livelihood, after all, and there's a lot of expense ahead, medical and otherwise (and this has to be the year the drill the well because there's no other option at this point; "first thing," indeed). It's a twelve-hundred-year drought, with the very literal possibility of no more winter snows here, and it's killing everything.

It always comes back to that one thing: more sales. A lot more, because we have two years' worth of a shattered pandemic economy to make up for, by which I mean we need to gain more ground ourselves financially to be able to be sure of making it through the winter and the rest of the year. If I could sell one of the big works, like the belt, maybe I could get us on the drill list for the well that is the only thing that's going to keep this land alive. Selling these new works wouldn't cover the drilling, but it would get us out of January in one piece, so to speak, and cover February. Unfortunately, I've got way too much to do and too few hours and other resources to do it. Which means that I'll be stepping back significantly in terms of my online presence, because there's just too much else to do, and I am no longer well enough to maintain the kind of pace I once did. I'm not even able to walk properly at the moment, thanks to the Achilles damage in my left foot.

So, since we have to continue to make sales, links are here, and there's new work up today, with more to come this week:
  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are first and foremost, the ladders);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

And if you've been contemplating a purchase? This would be a very, very good time to do it; I've got to cover all this staggering outlay somehow and get us through twelve whole months of a new year, plus put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring. And there's lots of fabulous new work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.          

No comments :

Post a Comment