Wednesday, January 3, 2024

Hard at work.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Just before New Year's, Wings told me he wasn't going to be creating anything else for a little while. This holiday season was particularly brutal on every front, and he needed a break.

And here he is, hard at work.

Actually, this one is a commission by someone very dear to us, so that's an automatic exception to the rule anyway, but he has also finished two cuffs for inventory [yesterday] that I have to get posted tonight sometime. Artists never actually rest, I guess, in the same way that my mind is always writing, whether it gets put down in the keyboard or not.

At this time last year, I said that my goal was to make one sale a week. That's usually what it takes to keep us above the water line. Obviously, we didn't get anywhere close then. But I need to make that happen now. And I will also [and probably increasingly, given my health issues] need help to make that happen. On Friday, I start doubling my chemo dose, and I don't know whether that will help, hurt, or create no change whatsoever. But even as I'm sleeping more soundly and have more mental energy, I'm struggling badly with the pain these days.

We'll see on that front, too. 

As I said above, the two new cuffs are done, and I'm going to try to have them posted this evening, so be on the lookout for those. Those who like turquoise in the greens, these will be for you. And also as always, all the links are listed below, and sales are the most important:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities now are Wings's Flex-Tape, and especially the vacuum, because mine has died a complete and ignominious death, and if I don't vacuum every single day, the dog hair takes over completely); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site [EIGHT NEW PIECES before Christmas [one sold], plus two new ones a couple of nights before that]. After such a grim 2023, we really need to get this year started off on a better footing, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2024; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                           

No comments :

Post a Comment