Sunday, March 22, 2015

Signs of Spring

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.
The catkins opened on the aspens today. It happened early, in the dawn hours; they were already there when I went outside for morning prayers.

It's an odd season, unsure, unsettled, and the sensations carry over into our days, our bodies, our lives.

It reminds me of home, something familiarly within reach and yet so far away I can't even touch it in memory anymore, let alone in dreams. And whatever links to my childhood remain to me, none is untouched by the darker side of memory.

It's a melancholy season.

If I'm lucky, it'll be an early summer.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment