Sunday, October 11, 2015

WeMadeItWeMadeItWeMadeit!!!


So, I've spent the last little while going about my tasks, but inside, my spirit has been jumping up and down like a five-year-old on Christmas morning, screaming, "OhmigodOhmigodOhmigod!"

Because we made it!

That widget up there? That's our extended goal, including the cost of the well pump repair (and having just gotten the invoice for last Monday's service call, parts and labor, without including tomorrow's scheduled work, it's a damn good thing I increased it as much as I did, it turns out). And as you can see, we made it, plus a little extra via PayPal, etc.  The extra will, I think cover all of the PayPal and WePay fees, plus, I hope, take care of tomorrow's costs to replace and install the well pump switch sensor.

Tomorrow will be hugely busy here. The sensor replacement, for one. Wings's brother-in-law will be coming to look at a few things, including that blown box at the breaker. It turns out that we have a couple of contractor types in the family who can do this work and who will be available throughout the fall and winter, so it looks as though we may be able to keep the hiring in the family, too.

Tomorrow, Wings will be calling to schedule the first pit run delivery (the fill), and then the moving of the portable building that serves as the gallery. If things go well, we may be able to have the second, larger pit run, for the house site, delivered before the week is out. In the meantime, we'll be pricing adobe brick delivery (as a member of a tribe that is a member of Eight Northern, it appears that Wings is eligible for a discount from a brick manufacturing program in which the council apparently participates).

He told me when he got up this morning that,a s he was coming out of sleep, he had a premonition in which he saw our house, complete, exactly as it will look. We had not discussed this, beyond general structural outlines, but what he saw is, in fact, our dream home.

I have thank-you e-mails to write later on tonight. For now, chi miigwech and ta'a to all of you who helped make this first stage possible. I'll be up and out early tomorrow morning to get photos of the land as it is now, before anything begins, and I'll be documenting every step.

I think we're going to do this. I really think it's finally going to happen.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment