Tuesday, November 21, 2017

Exterior plasterwork paid, but enforced hiatus looming for next week. Sales/shares badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

That's what even the back of the house looks like now — as of last Friday, actually. No trimwork yet, and that will have to be done before the real cold hits, because the window- and doorsills need the protection. But we have at least a few more days of highs in the fifties, although it's getting down into the teens regularly at night now. This, in fact, is what the pond looks like:


Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

You should see the close-ups. I've never seen ice look braided before.

Sherm came and did some touching up around the edges today, and he's paid in full. Marcos finished up the interior steps and risers today, and is doing a few little odd jobs tomorrow, and we'll pay him then. And then everything else is up in the air, because this push to get the exterior [mostly] protected has wiped our resources out completely. We will not have a working kitchen sink until Floyd can tile the top of the one small base cabinet that's done, and I have no idea what that's going to cost. Compared to the floors, etc., not a lot, but it's money we don't have right now, forget the regular labor costs for the crew. We might be back to a three-man crew anyway, which will help, but we may find ourselves on an enforced hiatus next week if I can't raise the scratch over the holiday weekend. And no, no word yet on the scheduling of all my medical tests, which means no word yet on my condition. I'm hanging in, reacquainting myself with how to breathe through whatever hits.
So anyway, here I am back to posting links, and I hope folks will continue to share them all daily, because there's still a lot to be done to make this place weathertight and functional (especially the kitchen, which for now has no water hooked up at all):
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. It's not complete; I've added a few more kitchen-y items, but there'll be some later additions, too.
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Also not complete, but there are more items to be added there, too, once I get them to resolve this fulfillment/shipping problem they have with their site. Now, it's going to be mostly odds and ends that make this place more liveable, because of the sheer volume of stuff destroyed by too many years in the RV (e.g., by the oven and stovetop, by the wiring, by the water, by the mold, etc.), or that we simply gave away seven years ago because we had no room and no place to put them and despaired of ever being able to use them again. But about Wayfair, and VERY IMPORTANT: They make it possible to crowdfund each item. So if you'd like to help, but the prices are too much for one person? You can kick in 20 bucks, or ten, or five, on any one item; many small donations can add up to one item.
As I said last night, I am still catching up, not only from the health issues (I'm still not allowed to do anything but walk here and there), but also from the pace of the construction and the wedding. There hasn't been any choice to maintain the pace I did over Friday and especially Saturday, but it has wiped me out as badly as the construction has our finances, so I'm not good for a whole lot right now. Which means I'll be doing some cooking tomorrow instead of cramming it all into Thursday, and no, I'm not baking pies this year, because I simply don't have the energy. I thought I was tired before; I had no idea. So please continue to share the links, and given that the holidays are essentially here, please refer folks to Wings's site (and if you have an endorsement, too, so much the better). I'll be trying, slowly but, I hope, steadily, to get caught up over the course of this week. Thanks again, to everybody, and we love you all.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment