Thursday, November 30, 2017

Tilework done again for now, but no water to the kitchen yet. Scary stuff today; appointment next week. Sales/shares (including registries) badly needed.

Photo copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved.

Tilework done for now (there will be a small amount yet to do in the kitchen for two shelf areas and the island once Tony and Reynaldo get them built). The bathroom backsplash is now done, which covers up that gap behind the sink nicely.

Still no water to the kitchen; there was a problem with the holes drilled for the faucet, plus no one told us we needed an air gap for the dishwasher. With luck, we'll be able to use the sink by the end of the day tomorrow, but the dishwasher has to wait for Monday, when the part is supposed to be here.

This is a more difficult day. Good as the news is about no buildup or blockages in my heart, there's still the question of what "this" is, and it's still damned scary. I've had a protracted episode today, and I'm just breathing my way through it as best I can (with some help from the nitro and the Omeprazole). It really does seem to be vasospastic, which would seem to indicate (given my long history of Raynaud's and migraines), lupus or something similar. Oddly, that no longer scares me; I've lived with this diffuse, multilayered, unlabeled complex of autoimmune diseases for so long that I'm fairly confident of my ability to manage it once we can put a label to it. But we're not there yet, and the earliest I can get in (with them making an exception and bumping me up) is next Thursday, the 7th. I hope by then there are some orders for bloodwork, at a minimum.

Right now, though, I'm battling exhaustion and unsteadiness and all sorts of dislocating physical symptoms, and there's not much I can do but breathe. I'm way behind on shipping things out and responding to requests and sending thank-yous, and I apologize. My body and brain just can't keep up the pace I need right now. Wings has taken on a huge workload as a result, because I'm barred from doing . . . well, much of anything at all until we have more definitive answers. Even riding along for the easiest errands wipes me out, and I can't even do basic shopping; Wings also won't leave me alone as a result. So please bear with me in the meantime, and please bear with the cut-and-paste that follows.

Lots of expenses coming down the pike, and we need to make some sales. Given the circumstances, I'm leaving up the donation link, too, and the registries have some new items on then, mostly lower-priced, to replace stuff damaged by the RV or given away when we first moved into it seven years ago. So please share the links:
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • Wings's site, for sales;
  • Wayfair gift cards, to replenish all the furnishings that the RV has destroyed in one way or another.
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
  • Partial registry #2, from Wayfair. Still waiting for them to resolve this fulfillment/shipping problem they have with their site. Even so, I've added some things (kitchen/dining room stuff mostly), most of which are comparatively reasonably priced. Now, it's going to be mostly odds and ends that make this place more liveable, because of the sheer volume of stuff destroyed by too many years in the RV (e.g., by the oven and stovetop, by the wiring, by the water, by the mold, etc.), or that we simply gave away seven years ago because we had no room and no place to put them and despaired of ever being able to use them again. But about Wayfair, and VERY IMPORTANT: They make it possible to crowdfund each item. So if you'd like to help, but the prices are too much for one person? You can kick in 20 bucks, or ten, or five, on any one item; many small donations can add up to one item.
As I've also been saying, I am still catching up, and will be now for a while. But this is the holiday season, and the sales/commissions from these few weeks are what keep us alive throughout the whole long winter and spring months (to say nothing of what's in the offing medically), so please continue to share the links. And please refer folks to Wings's site (and if you have an endorsement, too, so much the better). I'll be trying, slowly but, I hope, steadily, to get caught up over the course of this week. We have some massive expenses coming down the pike, and a lot of testing yet to be done before I'm out of the woods. So please keep sharing all our links. For now, I'm just so damn grateful to be alive, to have a healthy heart, to be back home with the love of my life and our dogs, the whole world is beautiful. Thanks again, to everybody, and we love you all.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2017; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment