Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Snow coming, supposedly. Tree up, but no lights yet; no time, either. Lots of new work, and sales badly needed now.

Photo copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved.
Winter sunset last night. Very cold, but at that point, no hint of snow. The forecast changed within an hour or so of that shot, with them predicting an 80% chance of snow for tonight. We can only hope.

The tree has been up since Saturday, as yet still undecorated, because there are just not enough hours in the day. We got some tiny lights left over from the wedding wound around one of the small piƱons and Carter's little spruce, but that's it so far. I'm going to try to get the lights on the tree today, at the very least, but given everything that has to get done today, that's no sure thing.

Speaking of "everything," as I said yesterday, I'm about ready to come down hard over the damage to the laundry room and downstairs bathroom. I don't have the time or physical strength anymore to be doing this kind of thing, and it's got to get done, and soon. I'm also getting more than a little fed up with the lack of progress on my medical referral. It's one fucking referral, and you've had more than a month to do this. Yeah, I know the practice is converting to a nonprofit "community healing center" so it can rake in more scratch. I also know your big splashy event was Sunday and your [re]launch was yesterday. None of that helps me one iota when I've been waiting for months already, and now more than a month this go-round, just to try to find out whether, you know, I'm going to live or die. Yesterday was brutal across the board, physically; we'll see whether today allows my pain and other issues to be more manageable. Or not.

And speaking of scratch, we need to bring in a lot more, especially now with winter here early and with the closure looming not long after the new year. So as I keep saying, I also have to spend today (EVERY day) on work that brings in actual scratch, sales or subscribers or otherwise. Ordinarily, the sales and commissions we get this time of year are what see us through six long hard months of winter (but that has not the been the case the last couple of years); on top of ordinary winter cost of living and now this construction mess, I have more tests upcoming soon on top of the tens of thousands of dollars' worth of medical debt already trying to drive me into an early grave. Time is short for the holidays, so if you have special orders, get them in to me now so he has time to create them for you. Wings has a lot of new work up, three new and incredible necklaces, a pair of earrings, and last night I posted his two tiny reindeer here. Only one of those iss left; the garnet one sold overnight, so grab the other while you can. For now, though, I'm so far behind on this day (and on the week as a whole) that I'll never catch up, so most of the rest is cut-and-paste.

Most of my attention has to be focused on bringing in money, through sales or subscribers or any other means, because the bills don't pay themselves, either, and the heavy burden I'm carrying on that score is inhibiting my ability to heal in a not-insignificant way. Please share these routinely:
  • My new Patreon, The Interstices (Writing Between Worlds) (and if you subscribe today you won't be billed until January 1st for December);
  • Wings's site, for sales, with new items posted;
  • Wings's direct PayPal link;
  • A way to buy me coffee (which actually goes to all of our medical bills, which continue to mount);
  • Amazon wishlist, which mostly consists of animal and household stuff;
  • Partial registry #1, from Bed, Bath and Beyond. There are new kitchen-y things on it now, stuff that I didn't realize we'd need to replace (either because the RV ruined it or because we gave it away when we had to downsize).
Please share the links. We're now officially into holiday order season, because commissions take time, so if you're planning on holiday gifts, please keep Wings's work in mind. And given what we're up against, we won't turn away donations, either, because we simply can't afford it.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2018; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment