Wednesday, October 14, 2020

Where the light leads.

Photo copyright Aji, 2020; all rights reserved.

It only happens this time of year: At dawn, you can see the light roads, the ridgelines limned by the rising sun. Some days, I'd like to travel them, see where the light leads.

Struggling today. Never enough hours in the day, never enough time to get my work done, never enough time to do all that I need to do, and I'm starting to resent every single interruption. This year continues to be destructive in so very many ways, and it's not over yet. Another death in Wings's circle over the weekend. The state continues to fail us all. The smoke has returned this morning to squat on the western horizon like some malign extended ghost, and I'm afraid of it coming back to suffocate us again. I still need to find a way to cover Wings's aids (at 3 grand, not anytime soon). My laptop is still slowly dying, as is my camera, both of which are integral parts of our work. And I still need to figure out how to cover drilling this well. My soul is overwhelmed today, and I'm not seeing much of the light, much less where it might lead.

Thanks to three sales over the extended weekend, we're going to be fine for the rest of the month on regular bills. I can pay the remaining bills, including the monthly payment on my medical loan; I can also finally get the car towed to the shop later this week. We'll be able to put a little aside toward next month. So if you're planning on making donations to Indigenous folks on this day, please choose those who are unhoused, whose housing or food security is precarious, who have children who need things, who need to get medical care or prescriptions filled or a vehicle repaired.

Winter is coming, though, and neither the drought nor the pandemic is going anywhere. We will need to continue to make consistent sales through the end of the year (because normally, it's our holiday-season sales that see us through the first half of the following year). So please share the links, and when you're in the market for gorgeous, authentic, Spirit-infused Indigenous wearable art, Wings will have something perfect for you. The links are here:

Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2020; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

   

No comments :

Post a Comment