
Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.
I promised I'd have it as soon as it was done. It's done. He finished it this afternoon. This is a heavier-gauge band, and it feels very traditional; the stampwork is also a throwback, old-school imagery common in the so-called Fred Harvey era. The stones are Damele [center]; Blackjack turquoise, which is a type that's basically all boulder/ribbon turquoise [right]; and Black Bridge variscite, which, like Persian turquoise, comes from Iran [left]. Once I get it up on the site, the side and end views will be visible, too, but for now, this'll have to do.
Yeah, I know, everything's always late. Including the last round of daily work from last night, which is now and shared, but last night was the first time ever — literally EVER — that I did not finish all of those daily tasks. And I didn't because I couldn't. After recent weeks, I was so ill by last night that my body simply would not cooperate; neither would my brain. For the first time all week, I went to bed sometime after 12:30, instead of at 3 AM, because I could not do anything at all. I barely made it upstairs, and I didn't so much fall asleep as simply collapse.
It could be an exceptionally bad autoimmune exacerbation. I mean, given the pace I've had to keep and the stresses I've been forced to carry daily this summer, it wouldn't be a surprise. But this feels different. There is something else underlying this, something wrong, and since our medical practice has apparently abandoned us three weeks early, there's not a thing I can do about it. In terms of "wrong," it could be simple disease progression, which Spirit knows is bad enough on its own. Aside from the pain and the joint and connective-tissue degeneration, at some point, it will begin to affect my organs. [LOL; "at some point." I know it already has. It just hasn't shut anything down yet.] it also put me at heightened risk for certain nastier things, specific types of cancer and other conditions that are similarly unpleasant, and can be fatal entirely independently of the organ damage and whatever else from the autoimmune diseases. My fatigue levels are epic right now; it's like having mono along with the flu and pneumonia and probably COVID too. It's the kind of fatigue I've always heard cancer patients describe when they're at their lowest ebb, and I can't function this way.
And I can't be this sick. I mean, I can't. I've got too much to do every damn day as it is. And I've still got to bring in a lot more sales through the end of the year. This year has been hellishly expensive already, and we've also got a couple of other big-ticket things to take care of this month, and that only happens if we make some sales now. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:
- Sales here;
- Testimonials here;
- Amazon wishlist here [I'll be adding some new items soon, things we could really use but that I can't justify spending money on right now, like some sheets and towels];
- Patreon here;
- Ko-fi here.
All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.