Wednesday, September 2, 2026

Fall is definitely here.

Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.

Fall is definitely here. You can feel it in the air, see it in the light. The shadows are longer, the colors deeper . . . and also lighter, as the leaves continue to fade rapidly now.

It makes me wonder whether we might actually get a real winter this year. If we do, it'll be the first time since the end of 2017. I mean, yes, we've had a few small scattered snows, but we've also had winter temps 80-90 degrees too warm [86 in January, 96 in February, when highs should be no more than 0-20].

Yes, we like the cooler weather. My body is not adapting this year, though. My pain levels have become umanageable across the board now. There's only one pain medication I can take; all the rest make me ill, and don't work anyway [the same is true for Wings, and it's the same medication, too; our doc says it's got to be a genetic component]. But it's not working for me now. I mean, not even taking the edge off. And I don't know what to do.

Because there's no time for this crap. I've got to bring in a lot more sales and I can't even get enough time to chase them because of everything else. This year has been hellishly expensive already, and we've also got a couple of other big-ticket things to take care of this month, and that only happens if we make some sales now. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here [I'll be adding some new items soon, things we could really use but that I can't justify spending money on right now, like some sheets and towels];
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.
And we do still need to make those regular weekly sales, so please share all of the links. We really do need to get this year onto a better footing than the last two, a year that, so far, has been very grim.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.