Wednesday, September 23, 2026

Finally looks like fall.

Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved

That was late this afternoon; it's still raining out there now. Finally looks like fall out there, doesn't it? Its supposed to rain until a couple hours before dawn, and then again later tomorrow, and much of the next week.

If course the earth is not at the point where it can't absorb much more. It's pooling on the surface now; if it does stop for a while tomorrow, most of it will get absorbed.  The cloud cover has held the warmth in, so we're nowhere near hard freeze territory yet. Maybe, though, this is a sign of a real winter to come, for the first time in nine years.

We can hope.

Other than that, it's been a typically chaotically busy day, which is why I'm doing this at frickin' 11 PM. Again. We did manage to get some decent money raised for a local family dealing suddenly with two medical crises simultaneously; we also made a great sale tonight, and I've got some commissions to follow up on for him. I've put in a request for a referral to a new doctor, so hopefully they'll pay enough attention to, you know, do it.

Now I've just got four or five other nightmare scenarios to deal with in the short term that are adding so horribly to my stress levels. the pain levels are just completely unmanageable at this point, so I've basically stopped trying.

Of course, I feel like absolute hell. And I can't be this sick. I mean, I can't. I've got too much to do every damn day as it is. And I've still got to bring in a lot more sales through the end of the year. This year has been hellishly expensive already, and we've also got a couple of other big-ticket things to take care of this month, and that only happens if we make some sales now. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:

  • Sales here; 
  • Testimonials here; 
  • Amazon wishlist here [I'll be adding some new items soon, things we could really use but that I can't justify spending money on right now, like some sheets and towels];
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.
And we do still need to make those regular weekly sales, so please share all of the links. We really do need to get this year onto a better footing than the last two, a year that, so far, has been very grim.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.