Thursday, September 3, 2026

In practice, notsomuch.

Photo copyright Aji, 2026; all rights reserved.

Red sky at night, and in theory, we're getting rain right now. In practice, notsomuch. Or, you know, at all.

Still. Made for a beautiful sunset, and the rose-colored skies really made the fading colors of the grass and foliage stand out. Across the highway, it's not just fading foliage anymore; it's disappearing foliage, because everything's dying of drought.

There's a rumor flying around that our doctor's practice is closing next month. If it's actually true, it has the capacity to be the end of me, in very literal terms. I did see one of the references, though, and I think this might be one of those situations where someone misinterpreted the fact that our practitioner is quitting in October as the whole office closing. I hope that's all it is.

This has been the year from hell, every week brings some new horror, and if we lose our medical care? I'm not sure I survive that. Not as bad as my illness has become. 

And there's no time for this crap. I've got to bring in a lot more sales and I can't even get enough time to chase them because of everything else. This year has been hellishly expensive already, and we've also got a couple of other big-ticket things to take care of this month, and that only happens if we make some sales now. And we can still use help with shares, testimonials, wishlist stuff I can't get to yet, etc. To that end, links are here:

  • Sales here; 
  • Testimonials here; 
  • Amazon wishlist here [I'll be adding some new items soon, things we could really use but that I can't justify spending money on right now, like some sheets and towels];
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.
And we do still need to make those regular weekly sales, so please share all of the links. We really do need to get this year onto a better footing than the last two, a year that, so far, has been very grim.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2026; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.