Sunday, February 8, 2015

Red Roan Wild Mustangs

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.
Today at The NDN Silver Blog, it's another traditional Native animal spirit: Horse. Not just any horse, either; these are the wild mustangs that are an integral part of this land's and our peoples' history. We have a full-sized one, a living, breathing mustang of our own, white with a blue roan underticking. These smaller versions are roans, too, but red.

The post itself is here. Wings's main page is here.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

2 comments :

  1. Pinned, albeit somewhat late, along with the last 3 or 4 gallery offerings. I haven't been able to be online much this last half week, as I've been (and still am) working through my first (and I'm praying last) 'gouty arthritis' attack, and crawling around from room to room with my foot in the air. I know it's nothing as bad as what you endure daily, or even what Amy puts up with most days, but I'm just not used to pain, so it's pretty damned annoying. Btw, I sent an email on Feb 2 that you'll want to read if you haven't already. If you can't find it anywhere, let me know and I'll resend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, jeez, hon, I'm so sorry - that's horrible. Are you getting appropriate treatment, I hope? I've never had that particular kind of arthritis attack, but from what I understand from people who have, I think you've probably got it much worse. Yeah, chronic pain sucks, but it's something you can get used to to a degree; acute stuff, OTOH, is something else entirely. Oh, and yes, please re-send, because every time my connection craps out (which is multiple times daily lately), it bottlenecks messages, which I may not see for weeks, or at all, apparently. BTW, he LOVES the vest - perfect fit! Thank you.

      Delete