Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Snow and Shadow

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.
Nothing of substance tonight.

All the usual tasks on my to-do list, plus a few extras, including Web site maintenance and getting Wings's latest pieces posted there. Maybe get a jump on tomorrow's blog post for the site?

Or not.

Also dealing with the repeating blood pressure spikes of the last two days' worth of erasure of and bigotry against women on the basis of race and sexual orientation and gender identity, all in very public venues and spaces both physical and virtual. It's a recurring theme in my life, and it's not like it improves with age; if anything, seeing it happen to younger women today infuriates me more, because of all the congratulatory "post-bigotry" drivel that saturates the so-called progressive sphere. I'll write about it in detail when I have the time, but right now, I don't (beyond the occasional outburst on Twitter; 140 characters means I don't spend much time on in-depth analysis).

Tomorrow? Maybe. More snow projected, as it is for the next ten days or so. We're staying close to home as much as possible.

In the meantime, have a willow. Some snow and some shadow, too. Taken about 7:30 this morning, a few yards from where I now sit. Come to think of that, I can extract all sorts of metaphorical crit-theory analysis out of weeping willows, white snow, and shadow.

But tonight, I'll spare everybody the discomfort. You can thank my to-do list for that.




All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.  

No comments :

Post a Comment