Monday, August 31, 2015

Y'all, I need a favor. Fast.

Image copyright Wings, 2015; all rights reserved.
I'm in a bind.

I'm on an ad deadline (that would be today, natch), and I'm at the point where I'm smacked in the face with the realization that I simply do not have the skills with the limited graphics software I have to make this work. If you have the ability to turn my Pixelmator draft into camera-ready copy per pub guidelines, would you be willing to do us a huge favor and fix this for us?  I'll owe you. Trade for editing, for a photo, etc., etc., or pay you your hourly rate as soon as I can?

Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

2 comments :

  1. Ack. My skills don't run that way. What sort of software might you need to be able to do whatever it is you need to do? (And I just noticed by the timestamp on this entry that it's already too late, this is yesterday's post) But what software would you need to be able to do what you need in future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Honestly, I don't really know. I used to have a really rudimentary {and cheap} program that I was comfortable with, but it's Wintel only, and I've had a Mac for 2+ years now. Most place seem to want stuff done in Illustrator or at least Photoshop, but those are priced way out of reach. This particular situation is probably not going to be a common thing, so now that I've got this one done, it can probably just be resized or whatever if I need one in the future for another publication. It would be nice if I knew more about how to use graphics software generally, but learning that is time I simply don't have, so I need something intuitive.

      Delete