Friday, January 1, 2016

From Hunger Road: The Sundog

Photo copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved.
I'm planning on revising Hunger Road into publishable form. It will likely be self-published; this is too close to blood and bone to allow an editor to excise its very identity (and with it, mine). It will be a long process.

For the early days (weeks? more?) of this year, I'll be posting part of that process over at the same site, in the form of short stories. These are parts of the backstory that either need fleshing out or never made it into the initial draft, and they will not be linear in the least: They will cover many generations, and move back and forth between them as easily as the Thunderbird flies. Since much of the history is necessarily fictionalized, with no one from a century and a half ago left to flesh out their own details, I don't always know where a given story will lead. One thing I have learned well is that the ancestors make their wishes known.

When I awakened this morning, I had no idea where I would start this process. I needed wait only for the dawn to have my answer. These are stories from Hunger Road, each of which will, in this format, stand entirely on its own, although it's merely part of the larger history. You can read the first installment (which will likely  not appear anywhere near the beginning, ultimately) here: The Sundog.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2016; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.



No comments :

Post a Comment