Monday, October 21, 2019

Armor.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all right reserved.
No, not Wings's latest. Well, actually, it is, but it's not for sale; that's my birthday present. Yes, all seven of them, a sacred number. Each is set with seven stones, magnifying the power of the whole set. Each bangle is sterling silver, about four different sizes and patterns; the stones are aquamarine, turquoise, coral, carnelian, amber, opal, and iolite. I could hardly bring myself to take them off last night. Talk about spiritual armor; these are a collective medicine shield if ever there was one.

[No, he won't make any that are identical. He can make bangles unique to you, though.]

For now, I'm buried under a ton of work. Among other things today, pear butter: Our tiny little pear tree, the one that never yields more than a few dozen pears that never make it to maturity? Gave us about 1,200 ripe pears this year. A bunch got left to the earth where they fell; we've also given away two big buckets' worth, and I've got the first round of preserves in the pot on the stove.

I also have a ton of other work to get done, and that wind yesterday aggravated not only pain but my breathing; it's really, really cold here this morning. On top of it all, I still have to try to make some sales, so the rest is all yesterday's cut-and-paste.

With regard to the other stuff referenced above: For those wondering about my own health issues, see here; with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. I need help to get all this done. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need the help now:
Wings has a lot of new work on the site, with more to come over the next couple of weeks. It's also time to get holiday commissions in, which you can do via the form here. And for my birthday? Mostly I really, really want to make some sales to keep us going. It's bitterly cold here today with an awful wind chill, and we're supposed to get snow before the week's out. Winter's here.

Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment