Monday, October 28, 2019

Nothing to show for it.

Photo copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved.

That sound you've been hearing for three days now? Me, cursing the [lack of a] job that was done the first time around. 

I've ruined three shirts, a pair of jeans, and a pair of shoes on this nonsense. Yes, they were old clothes, but I don't have that many clothes to begin with, having lost virtually my entire wardrobe to the black mold and mice in the RV two years ago. That already has me cranky, because I can't afford to replace them. Add to that the massive amount of physical pain I'm dealing with as a result of that labor right now, and those guys better hope I don't run into them this week.

And that? That's what it looks like up there right now. Because the wood was SO dry, because their spray job did absolutely NOTHING (aside from nearly killing me, that is), the five-gallon pail we bought to do this ran out halfway through. The wood's sucking it up before you even get a chance to brush or roller it. Anyway, after the first few hours, Wings got worried about my breathing (the spraying of the other brand of this shit two years ago did, as I said, nearly kill me at least twice and I'm still dealing with the medical fallout, to say nothing of setting me back more than $50K in medical bills that are still accumulating), and finished rollering on as much as he could as fast as he could. The ambient temperature was high enough, but the winds were hellishly high yesterday, making it a miserable job. And, of course, we got snow today. Just over an inch initially, nearly all of which is gone now, but the winds are back, and the cold is brutal.

Also, we got late notice that some clients who are friends were in town, and they were going to come out this afternoon. So I spent this morning killing myself on a quick overall housecleaning, only to learn at ten minutes to their time of arrival that the weather was keeping them where they were. So after the last three days, I'm in a great deal of physical pain, utterly exhausted, and with nothing to show for it.

We have got to make sales. Normally, Wings would already have several holiday commissions in the works by now, but nothing's normal anymore. I don't know what to do at this point; I can't conjure money from thin cold air. I posted two new pieces nights ago (links here) and another last night (links here). The new bracelet in the works may turn out not to be a bracelet at all; we'll see. He has a number of other things in process, too; I'll post them as he completes them.

At any rate, my stress levels are opff the charts with my pain levels now. For those wondering about my own health issues, see here, although now there's a new wrinkle I'm not even going to bother to try to explain (suffice to say there's no affording treatment); with regard to the work being done, some of the details are here. I'm still down $650+ on Patreon for the last two months, apparently as a result of folks not updating their expired credit cards, and I'm on track to lose $300-400+ again this month (i.e., Friday) for the same reasons. I can't keep this up. I also need help to get all this done and handled. Folks can help in several ways, and we really need it now:
Please share everything, because I'm suddenly back behind the eight-ball on a whole additional front, and yeah, I'm scared about covering everything and surviving, too. Thanks.


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2019; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.


No comments :

Post a Comment