Friday, October 14, 2022

Close enough.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

A few days ago, after we left the doctor's office, we stopped off at Tractor Supply on the way home to pick up a mineral block for Miika. I stayed in the truck while Wings went inside; when he came out, he was carrying the block and this. They didn't have a red-paint version, only a red-brown Appy, but it's close enough for me to recognize Miskwaki in it. He put it in my arms, and I sat there and cried.

Yesterday was the first farrier visit for Miika without Miskwaki there, and it was . . . lonely. It was also quick; nineteen minutes flat, from arrival of vet and farrier to waving goodbye to them both. We paid the farrier yesterday; the horse vet bills us via PayPal, which he did this morning, so that's paid, too. And I've had to fly by the seat of my pants, trying to shift stuff around enough to cover this week, which has included medical, the horse, and a very big outlay on suppliers for Wings's work, none of which were silver (well, except chain for necklaces, and that's gone up 3X, too).

Last week was the same, and no matter how hard I try, I can't juggle enough to get caught up. There's no end to it, especially now that I'm dealing again with all the stresses of an IRS screwup. I have got to make some sales this week. I've got to bring in a low four figures to deal with everything, because even though it's their mistake, we will still have to pay it, so I need to get this off my desk now, need it like I need air to breathe, because I'm not breathing very well at the moment with these post-booster autoimmune side effects. 

There's a ton of new work on the site already. The holidays will be here before you know it. [And speaking of which, we're already into the holiday season here from a creative perspective, and yes, I have still got to bring in enough for him to order silver, which has tripled in cost this year. My stress levels are off the charts right now, and that's jacking my pain levels and insomnia into the stratosphere. I need help, and I don't have it.] All the links are here; please, share them, too:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priority is first and foremost, the wheelbarrow, then the other ladder);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before late next year at the earliest, and this year's tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                         

No comments :

Post a Comment