Saturday, October 29, 2022

Pretty while it lasted.

Photo copyright Aji, 2022; all rights reserved.

Mid-morning yesterday.  It was pretty while it lasted, but it was all gone by noon. There's still a little on some of the peaks, but even that's just the barest dusting.

We're gonna need a lot more snow than that for the land to make it through the end of this year, never mind the whole winter.

And we're gonna need a lot more rain, of the metaphorical variety, to make it out of this year (hell, out of this month) as well.

I can't get done even a fraction of what I need to be doing, and first and foremost among that is making sales. If I don't bring in more income soon, we're done, and there is no way around that. Not this month, not next month, not the rest of the year. This has been a spectacularly bad year for sales (and my Patreon, too, which is down several hundred dollars a month [one patron kindly gave me a few months' heads-up, but the rest is just cancellations and attrition courtesy of a terrible economy]), and between last year's installment payments and next year's quarterly payments, the tax burden is killing us. 

As I said yesterday, my health is killing me, too, and the financial stresses are only compounding that. I know people don't understand what my illness actually does. The constant barrage to my immune system from the COVID vaccines is only making it worse, and there's nothing I can do for any of it. I would like to catch a break on something in this mess, but apparently that's going to be denied me yet again. The financial stuff has me at the absolute end of my tether, and I need help.

All the links are here; please, share them, too (and there's a new wishlist priority, the automatic composter, which will do wonders for saving on waste and allow Wings to compost the land and trees regularly even through the winter; my physical function is impaired enough now that things can only get done if I have the help of equipment like this):

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (priorities are, first and foremost, the automatic composter and the wheelbarrow, then the other ladder);
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

We're still hoping to put aside enough for a new well when the ground thaws enough to drill in the spring, too, Nah, we've given up on the well. No one's available to drill before late next year at the earliest, and this year's tax burden means we would never be able to afford it anyway. But it's even more of a good time to make a purchase, because Uncle Sam is a vindictive colonizer, and my current stress levels about paying it all are off the charts. And there's lots of fabulous work, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2022; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                                                             

No comments :

Post a Comment