Sunday, January 15, 2023

Extending into the week to come.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

That was this morning: early snow, before the storm had fully settled into itself. Now, the wind's blowing, the snow is flying on the horizontal, earth and sky are both white.

And even so, it's still just a dusting.

Enough cold and damp to make my joints feel even worse than they do already. I'm on what I think is Day 3 of this partially-dislocated shoulder, and while there's improvement, it's nowhere near where it needs to be. I had also forgotten just how much major-joint subluxes stress the rest of the body: cramps in my back, sides, legs, feet, wrist; and, of course, all the joints in that arm/wrist/hand/fingers are a mess. The swelling has been so bad that I had to go without my rings until last night, something I never do.

And as I said to Wings yesterday, just because I'm not screaming constantly doesn't mean I don't feel like it. A brutal end to a brutal week, and it's clearly planning on extending into the week to come.

Because I've got too damn much to do, agonizing pain or no. And that's because the regular seasonal stresses are already ramping up in a big way now; there's all the usual January stuff to worry about. This and June (or July, depending on how the bills fall in a given year) are always our worst two months in terms of expenses, and I don't know how this one's going to shake out yet. I've also got so much to do in terms of ordinary day-to-day work, and I just got four new works by Wings posted up on the site a few days ago, but of course, I need to try to sell it, too. You can see them all here, but click through and look at them from all angles, because they're frankly amazing.

Because we will still (always) need to make sales, and there are plenty of gift-giving events coming up in this new year. But if you're looking for places to donate to folks who need it, watch this space and my other online spaces, because I'll be highlighting them in the weeks to come. Much of the country has just been through a deadly storm, and there's an even more deadly pandemic still raging, utterly unchecked; lots of folks in our various communities are going to need long-term help.

Speaking of sales, I'll have four new works to show you here this evening, I hope. It all depends on whether I can get them up in the relevant gallery, descriptions written and entries complete. They're all fabulous, and they all need homes.

A
ll of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now (and subscriptions, if you're looking for that; I'll have more on that to come in the next few weeks, hopefully with some changes):

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, with three new cuffs coming possibly as early as later today, so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.     

No comments :

Post a Comment