Friday, January 20, 2023

Not a single thing.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; al rights reserved.

That was the sky this morning, around 9:30 or so. Plenty of light, high, thin clouds, gossamer and iridescent. But far more sun and blue sky.

Now, it's snowing. Heavily. We might actually get that additional three inches in the forecast.

It's good; it's welcome. But it's also perfect fodder for accidents, and there were apparently plenty of them today well before the weather started. Wings had to go pick up his scrips and run a couple of other errands, and it took him about twice as long as it should have, in part because on his way home, he wound up having to turn around and go back through tribal back roads to get here; just down the highway from us, there was apparently a massive and very bad wreck at the intersections, reportedly involving two different vehicles towing trailers. Just at our own north boundary is a tight S-curve, and at night, on these ice-slick roads, colonizers go blasting back and forth between here and that stupid resort. It's a wonder we haven't had far more already.

I stay home as much as humanly possible, of course, and I'm hoping that won't change throughout the weekend, because Spirit knows I'e got more than enough to do here. I was so sure I'd solved the fridge problem late yesterday, but no; it's inexplicably at it again, and I'm tearing my hair out. I also thought my shoulder was a little more healed than it was, but no. I have so much to do just to catch up on basic chores that I couldn't do with my arm in a sling, and I need to help Wings with some of the studio stuff, and writing . . . forget that, it'll never happen, because I'll never have time. 

I have gotten not a single thing accomplished the last two weeks that I intended, and there's all the usual January stuff to worry about on top of it. This and June (or July, depending on how the bills fall in a given year) are always our worst two months in terms of expenses, and I don't know how this one's going to shake out yet. I've also got so much to do in terms of ordinary day-to-day work, but of course, I need to try to sell it, too, and already, our Web site hits for this month are down by well over 50% even for this time of year, which makes me worry that this year is going to be another bad one, sales-wise. All these cash expenses, too (a grand on the ATV, which has been immobile for two months; firewood; potentially either a plumber or a new fridge, and I want to deal with neither, but here we are), and only one sale so far this year is not going to cut it.

Because we will still (always) need to make sales, and there are plenty of gift-giving events coming up in this new year. But if you're looking for places to donate to folks who need it, watch this space and my other online spaces, because I'll be highlighting them in the weeks to come. Much of the country has just been through a deadly storm, and there's an even more deadly pandemic still raging, utterly unchecked; lots of folks in our various communities are going to need long-term help.

All of our links are here; emphasis on sales and testimonials for now (and subscriptions, if you're looking for that; I'll have more on that to come in the next few weeks, hopefully with some changes):

There's lots of fabulous work on the site (and there will be more to come for Valentine's Day), so please share all of the links. 


All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.     

No comments :

Post a Comment