Tuesday, October 24, 2023

A couple of sales tonight would be good.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

Absolutely extraordinary clouds and light this morning. Then they started drifting away in mid-afternoon, and now they're back. Whether that means any rain for us remains to be seen, but there is rain in the vicinity, and also southwest of here.

We can hope.

We can also hope for a sale tonight, however unlikely that may be. I've got to bring in enough to get us out of the month, plus another $500 to cover a deal Wings scored on hay for Miika that was too good to pass up. Over the weekend, he ran into the guy who did the rolling on our foundation when we built the house, and they got to talking; turns out he has beautiful grass hay he needs to get rid of, and that's the only kind Miika can have, and he offered it to Wings for $8 a bale. The cheapest garbage hay elsewhere is going for $17 a bale, more than double that. It's one of those things we can't afford to pass up, but it's going to wipe us out.

So. A couple of sales tonight would be good: one to cover $500 worth of hay for a horse that's severely limited in what she can eat; and another to get us out of this month in one piece, so to speak. I'm still sick, and really hobbling badly, so it's hard for me to keep up with everything, but damn, I've GOT to bring in more sales than what we've done all year if we're going to survive.

FSo for the moment, it's back to the sales salt mines, so that we can make sure we're covered when all the early-month auto-pays hit. A few days ago, I posted Wings's three newest works, rings all, here; they're amazing and you need to see them, so please go look, share them, and if you know someone who needs one (or the medicine of any of his other work), buyPlease.

Now, all the rest. I'm slower than ever because of my illness; everything takes me so much longer. I mean, everybody already knows that this year has been terrible on virtually every front, so much so that we're really up against it now. This year has been so slow that we're way behind on everything, including prepaying next year's taxes [that's a zero; a big fat zero]. I'm so much farther behind on everything, even more than I usually am: pushing sales, paperwork, housework, you name it. I did at least get his two newest BIG works up here last week, so there's that. They're both amazing, but the turtle is something truly extraordinary, and it's Sunday's featured work at NDN Silver. If I could sell that this week, I could quit worrying at least until November (including the hay_. 

Still. We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next two+ months. A LOT. I need to bring in at least one sale a week, preferably two, for the remainder of the year. And it's clear that my illness's progression means that I cannot maintain the pace or workload I have in years past. That means that we need help with shares, and with testimonials, too. If you have some of Wings's work and are willing to have a testimonial published on the site, send it to me via the Contact form (we will list you however you wish, by name, name and initial, initials only, some other way that doesn't identify you; you can see an example in our newest, here, and with luck, I'll have a second one up by tonight). All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (liquid soaps are priority now [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there will be much, much more in the weeks to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays will be here before you know it, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                    

No comments :

Post a Comment