Tuesday, October 10, 2023

Late.

Photo copyright Aji, 2023; all rights reserved.

That up there was this evening: a storm making its way around the peaks from west to east, with the sun lighting up clouds and trees alike. It's been an absolutely beautiful day, from start to finish, but a busy one, which is why everything's so late.

The good parts included a visit from our niece and great-niece; the latter is getting ready to move to a different part of Indian Country (albeit not too far) to embark on the next stage of her life as a young adult. It was wonderful to see them both again and be able just to sit and talk for a while.

The rest of it was work. Lots and lots of work.

I had expected to get Wings's two new pieces up today, but there wasn't time, so that will be tomorrow. I might post another sneak peek of the necklace elsewhere. Or not. For the moment, I have to get all the rest of my daily work done, so the rest is cut-and-paste.

I mean, everybody already know that this year has been terrible on virtually every front, so much so that we're really up against it now. This year has been so slow that we're way behind on everything, including prepaying next year's taxes [that's a zero; a big fat zero]. The rapid progression of my autoimmune disease this year isn't helping, especially not these last few weeks. With my dominant-hand dislocations, and those in my knees and feet, it's meant that I can't DO anything, for weeks now. It's also meant that Wings has had to take over all the stuff I would normally do, and so he hasn't been able to get much studio time. And I'm so much farther behind on everything, even more than I usually am: pushing sales, paperwork, housework, you name it. And yes, I managed to torque it again today, because when you instinctively need to throw out a hand, you forget.

We have to make up a LOT of ground financially over the next three+ months. A LOT. And it's clear that, even if my dominant hand and wrist weren't functionally unuseable, I cannot maintain the pace or workload I have in years past. Half the time I can hardly walk, because my hips, knees, and feet are the same situation. That means that we need help with shares, and with testimonials, too. If you have some of Wings's work and are willing to have a testimonial published on the site, send it to me via the Contact form (we will list you however you wish, by name, name and initial, initials only, some other way that doesn't identify you; you can see an example n our newest, here). All the links are listed below, so please share:

  • Sales here
  • Testimonials here
  • Amazon wishlist here (apparently the sponges are unavailable, but the other two things I need that I can't get here are the Bar Keeper's Friend coffeemaker cleaner and descaler; we're entirely out of both [or Amazon cards, and I can order them myself]); 
  • Patreon here;
  • Ko-fi here.

There's lots of fabulous work on the site, and there wll be much, much more in the weeks to come. The way this year has gone, things will still be grim for a good while and the holidays will be here before you know it, so please share all of the links. 



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Wings and Aji, 2023; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.                  

No comments :

Post a Comment