Sunday, May 3, 2015

Summer Visitors, Arriving Early

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.

So the Chokecherry Birds have been back already this morning. This is the girl, who is more shy than her male peers. Her mate was up in the aspen behind me.

The hummingbirds are early this year, too: They've been buzzing around for more than a week, but I didn't see one until four nights ago. I was taking something out to the trash when he rolled up on me, looked at the red handle of a pruning contraption, looked at me as if to say, "Why you paint it red when it ain't got pollen?", did an exasperated one-eighty, and flew off. Wings put out the hummingbird feeder yesterday, and a male broadtail showed up in a matter of minutes. 

The meadowlark has been singing since dawn, and the magpies are hovering, waiting for their treats.

I guess it's time to feed the troops.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

No comments :

Post a Comment