Saturday, May 30, 2015

UPDATED: This Boy Needs Help

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.
UPDATE: We are dealing with one of a couple of possibilities. Either a CVS flare has inflamed his optic nerve sufficiently to do damage, or he had a mini-stroke this morning. Either way, he's on Pred to try to reduce any swelling and the inflammation that is a given at this point. He became pretty profoundly deaf two years ago, and has long had a full cataract on his right eye thanks to being hit by a truck six years ago. [We believe the deafness and the CVS both ultimately stem from that.] At any rate, his world, which was near-silent, has just gotten a whole lot smaller and darker. He's his usual otherwise-perceptive and aware self, if entirely exhausted. So prayers, energy, good vibes, etc., for his sight and his balance and his survival would all be much appreciated right now.]



He needs all the help he can get right now.

We're hoping it's just a flare of his CVS (canine vestibular syndrome). But he's nearly 15, and his body has been through a lot. So everything is magnified in ways that it wouldn't be in a younger dog.

This is my soul mate, my spirit dog. he's been with me longer than anyone ever has, and he's been there for me when literally no one else was. He adopted me on sight as his cause, and later on, he expanded that to include Wings.

Right now, we're dealing with Cree's feet, Shade's feet, the never-ending saga of Ice's years-old sand colic, She-Wolf's diabetic eyes, Raven's weight. All on top of Wings's knees, my new(ish) hypoglyecemia/anemia issues, and all of our pre-existing health concerns. I spend most of my days feeling like I'm an inch from fainting dead away from my own physical issues, forget about the weight of the stress of everyone and everything else. 

Griffin is my rock. He's been my touchstone, my guide, when I had nothing else to hang onto in this world. So please, if you believe in the power of anything, send some of it his way today.

Thanks.





All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

6 comments :

  1. Sending positive energies and love his way and yours. {{{{{Griffin}}}}} {{{{{Aji}}}}}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. There's an update at the top now; I'm a wreck. We're trying to pull him through this.

      Delete
  2. Oh dear. All the best to all of you. That sounds like an utterly exhausting list of health issues to deal with even with all sorts of resources, so it has to be ten times worse given all else the universe has been throwing at you of late :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, hon. I am just wiped out right now. He's seeming better, but I'm afraid to say anything for fear of jinxing it . . . .

      Delete