Tuesday, June 30, 2015

UPDATED: From the Interstices: Sponsoring Good Storytelling

Photo copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved.
Well, I've done it.

I've launched a Patreon page

The ghosts and spirits that haunt my history won't let me rest if I don't tell their stories, but I can't do that without time and resources. I've set an initial goal to cover some tangibles that I need to do it right, plus some breathing room that, for now, should take me through the remainder of the summer and allow me to devote a little time to their stories while I still do my "day job" of promoting and selling Wings's work. If/when it's met, I'll set a new goal for the next stage.

If I understand this correctly, people can donate as a one-off, or they can pledge monthly amounts in as little as $3 or as much as . . . well, whatever you want. No amount is too small; all are received with great gratitude. 

UPDATE: I am told by a friend and family member who looked it over that there appears to be no way to do a single one-shot donation. Apparently the platform also does not make it clear that the "reward" levels are not the only possible donations. They're not: You can pledge $3 a month, $5 a month, $20 a month, $50 a month, $100 a month, . . . you get the idea. I just had to come up with a few benchmarks for "rewards," and those are the minimums for that reward level, but the pledges themselves can be ANY amount.

So please, share this link with your networks. You never know who will want, or even need, to see the view and hear the voice from the spaces between.

Many thanks.



All content, including photos and text, are copyright Aji, 2015; all rights reserved. Nothing herein may used or reproduced in any form without the express written permission of the owner.

6 comments :

  1. I use Patreon (as a supporter, not a creator), and there seems to be 2 main ways that artists can set up the pledges - either $X monthly, or $X per creation.

    With the $X per creation, if what you want to do as supporter is just pledge a set amount each month, then the way to do is to pledge that as your 'amount per creation', but then set the cap to that amount. eg if someone wanted to give a recurring $25 monthly, then pledge that per creation, but cap it at $25 max, and so long as you produce one work per month, you'll get their $25 pledge.

    The alternative is to pledge say $1 or $5 per creation, and set either a max (eg up to $50, $100, whatever) or leave it uncapped; at the end of the month, depending on how many works were produced will determine the total pledge amount for that month.

    I hope that all makes sense and isn't as clear as mud.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - it's all mud to me, including Patreon's own platform, but thank you. If it's all right with you, I think I'll do a new post here quoting you, because I think you'll make more sense to them than any way I would try (and fail) to explain it. Thanks, darlin'.

      Delete
    2. Sure, no problem. I'm glad it made some sense :-)

      Delete
  2. I don't know from Patreon, but I assume the Donate button here will continue to work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, hon! Yes, that still works. And thank you. :-) Oh, and the box came over the weekend - thank you so much! We've already dug into it - really good stuff. :-)

      Thanks for everything, my dear.

      Delete
    2. Almost got another one ready to send. I've outstripped Amy's scrap fleece, so there's a lot of bubble wrap in this one, unfortunately.

      Delete